• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

New Son

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Aztumbleweed

Reaction score
Howdy Ya'll

I finally got my wife online to get these pictures online. Our new son, Larimer Lane, was born by latern light at home with midwife attending on Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 3:30am. He weighed in at 7 1/2 pounds (my smallest baby) and 20 1/2 inches. The kids are thrilled with the new baby's arrival and the now "big" brother Quirt was very possessive with "mine baby bru-er" the first couple of days.
larimerlane20060107.jpg

Larimer Lane about 4 hours old
BabyKidsMidwife.jpg

Mom, Quirt, Midwife and Angel (beside midwife) looking on new baby
BabyQuirt.jpg

"Big" Brother Quirt Laredo with "Mine Baby Bru-er" Larimer Lane
BabyAngel.jpg

Big Sister Angel with Larimer Lane

Congrats!!! Great to hear the good news. Glad to see everyone is doing well. What will Quirt's bottle calf think now that he has something new to look after??? :)

Again, congrats...looks like you have some good help too!

Cheers---

TTB

Congratulations, Aztumbleweed and family. Cute baby, and it looks like he is lucky to be born into a loving and caring environment. New kids, calves, and colts are always cause for celebration.

Congrats. Great looking family.

Born by lantern light reminds me of a story about a old doc was delivering baby out in the Ozarks. The father was holding the lantern and the mother and doc were working away. First out come a little boy healthy and bawling, then wait a minute another baby boy, and then as the thrid baby was to be delivered the father said what's going on are the attracted to the lantern light.

congrats! but I have to ask, how did the midwife thing go? my wife just begged and begged for that typ of a deal, but I insisted on the hospital ( I was to affraid) lucky for us, they were all 4 c-section, so the midwife would not have worked out.

odd think is, she feels as if she let the kids down, or did not fulfill her duty by not have a natural birth.......

why are women so hard to figure out?

Faster horses said:
Congratulations Tumbleweed to you and your beautiful wife.

What cute kids in your family!!! Thanks so much for sharing with us. Glad he is healthy and happy.

Now, ENJOY!!!!
Ditto
He is a fat rascal! Nothing beats babies. They are a good deal. We have had kids in the hospital and at home. My wife says the house is alot better place

Sorry I have not replied earlier have been trying to gather all of these drought stricken cows up and strip the calves.
Thank You all I couldn't be prouder a good friend tells me I only have boys so I won't have to hire help (he doesn't understand how hard that litle girl works)
Hometown Girl thanks for the offer but I have an Aunt who has taken over tha chore for baby Quilts since my Grandmother passed away so we are pretty much covered. :D
Jigs I have to say I am always a nervous wreck! I would rather be at least closer to a hospital but she can be pretty set in her ways. The midwife we have used has been real good. My oldest son who is 22 was born in the hospital and it seemed to me that the nurses were a bigger help than the doctor he just showed up at the end caught him and got all he credit. The midwife drove 2 hours to get here and stayed until 9 the next morning she is quite a lady. :D
Jinglebob if you will get me your address I"ll send you a cigar.
:D
And I wish all of you a healthy and prosperous New Year

Congratulations Mr and Mrs AZTUMBLEWEED!! Thanks for the pictures. Hope all is going well for your family. Do hope you get some moisture soon. Will you wean and/or sell the calves? Yep, girls are also WONDERFUL help! Yes, even better than the boys at lots of things!
Take care

Latest posts