• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

New Thread for SH to support his view of the world.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Econ101

Reaction score
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:55 am Post subject: Reply with quote
Kindergarten,

Concentration is not unique to the packing industry nor is the distribution of the concentration in the packing industry out of line nor is their any proof to suggest that this level of concentration in the packing industry has been anything but beneficial to this industry.

During the 90,s the packer profit margins for the 5 largest packers was $3.88 per head. HOW MANY SMALLER LESS EFFICIENT PACKING COMPANIES WOULD STILL BE IN BUSINESS AT A $3.88 PER HEAD MARGIN????

Larger more efficient packing companies that sell everything but the "MOO" can and do pay a heck of a lot more for cattle than some inefficient packing plant that is paying someone to haul their ofal away like many smaller plants do.

Competition is not defined by more bidders for cattle.

This is one more issue you don't have a clue about.

Quote:
Kindergarten: "competition does not lead to more concentration, the exercise of market power does."

THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE!

Did you impress yourself with that ridiculous statement?

SH, can you support any of the above post?

Kindergarten,

I already told you not to try to Sandhusker me by making me defend every statement I make because I won't fall for such childish antics.

If you cannot contradict anything I have stated with facts to the contrary, my statements stand as written and you are empty handed to support your position as always.

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Kindergarten,

I already told you not to try to Sandhusker me by making me defend every statement I make because I won't fall for such childish antics.

If you cannot contradict anything I have stated with facts to the contrary, my statements stand as written and you are empty handed to support your position as always.

~SH~

Sounds like you trapped yourself again with your own logic. Isn't this what you do all the time?

Latest posts