• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

New to forum, Introduction

Help Support Ranchers.net:

movin' on said:
Welcome RenFarms!!!! What part of east central Kansas? I have a brother in Baldwin City.

jigs, where were you!? I spent the first 20 years of my life on the Mcpherson/Marion county border.

my folks are in Marion, and the wifes are near Lincolnville.....

I still think that grass is some of the best there is for cattle..... but like the water we have here!

BMR....you dirty dog, you are gonna scare off all the Kansas boys with talk like that.....the fruit bikini was no initiation, just wear that for fun!@

jigs said:
movin' on said:
BMR....you dirty dog, you are gonna scare off all the Kansas boys with talk like that.....the fruit bikini was no initiation, just wear that for fun!@

Hmm... I've not seen one of those. I'll have to get one for my husband...but I doubt he'll want to wear it either :)

No harm, no foul. :lol:

jigs, are you from Marion? That is fantastic and I think somewhat underrated country. You don't have to go very far east of there, though, and the grass gets just a little overrated (sure overpriced anyway!) I grew up by McPherson and have been to Marion dozens and dozens of times. Actually saw 38 Special play there a few years back if you can believe that!

RenFarms, I have also spent lots of time near Emporia. That's good country too.

the Chingawassa days brings in some decent bands.... Chris Ledoux was scheduled, but he died before the date. Marion has it's fair share of problems. typical small town that has no plan to grow and no one has a vision. like everything "just like it is" but they all HATE Hillsboro, because they build and grow like crazy over there.....

funnest thing to do when I go back is slide up for coffee and mention the new building I saw in Hillsboro. those old farts just get plum crazy.

is that your new house behind the truck wash in Galva?? bet that cost $750,000 !

No, you can rest assured that anything new in Galva belongs to a holderman mennonite! I'm just a regular folk. I lived about 4 miles south and 2 miles west of that truckwash. Small world, huh?

my wife's heritage is mennonite, they are pretty removed from it, but I love to give her hell about it. a few of the neighbors here call her "that little blonde mennonite girl" she gets VERY pissed about it.

funny how some of the holderman that do not believe in tv or radio still have an antanae in the the attic, or in the roof of the cab on the tractor..... as long as it is not seen by the neighbors, it is ok I guess.

:D :D :D ...and they are they text-messaging, cell-phoning, blackberry-using, internet-surfingest bunch around!!! I am actually pretty good friends with several of them and there are sure some double standards! I give them a hard time and they take it well because they know it's true. They always gave me strict instructions to "turn that thing on" (pointing at the radio) when they get in one of my vehicles with me. I don't live near them anymore, though, and I kind of miss their interaction. There are a few real sour apples in that bunch, but I got along great with most of them.

We have a huge population of mennonites around here,and they all have more modern day technology and electronic gadgets then i'll ever own.Been thinking of growing my beard out! :p :lol:

Blkbuckaroo said:
We have a huge population of mennonites around here,and they all have more modern day technology and electronic gadgets then i'll ever own.Been thinking of growing my beard out! :p :lol:
There also some of the most likeable people around here too!

you ALWAYS take two mennontes fishing...... they are affraid the other will tell if they have a beer...you only take one, and he will drink all your beer!

My uncle and his family are down in the Canton Galva area, can't ever remember which town they live in now. He ran is own mechanic shop for a while but is working for some big named guy down there now.

Definately a different area from what Jigs and I live in now.

If I heard the name I'd remember. I think it's Rick something or another brings in diesel engines from all over the country to rebuild. Pretty sure they live in Canton now that I think of it. My uncles name is also Rick.

Jake said:
My uncle and his family are down in the Canton Galva area, can't ever remember which town they live in now. He ran is own mechanic shop for a while but is working for some big named guy down there now.

Jake is right..... once you drank beer in Pinky's , everywhere else just pales in comparrison!

jigs said:
Jake said:

Jake is right..... once you drank beer in Pinky's , everywhere else just pales in comparrison!

That and had a Pinky's Chicken fried steak... A steak from Judes in Jamestown is always good too.

Latest posts