• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

New Website Feedback

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HessLand

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I started a website for my Dad's Business: Hess Land & Livestock LLC and I've been out of the farming/ranching world for a long time since I moved a way from home years ago. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone on here wouldn't mind heading over there>>>>> https://hesslandandlivestock.com and checking it out. I'd love some unbiased feedback or suggestions.

-Thanks in advance 🙏😊!

Checked out your web site, I thought it was pretty good.
The only thing I would point out is it's fine to promote your beef however you raise it but I would take out your opinion of store bought beef . Mainly as that is kind of a generalization of the beef industry, There is no proof that store bought beef isn't safe or healthy.
Promote your own.

The only thing I would point out is it's fine to promote your beef however you raise it but I would take out your opinion of store bought beef . Mainly as that is kind of a generalization of the beef industry, There is no proof that store bought beef isn't safe or healthy.
Promote your own.
Thanks Big Muddy! I see your point. I'll bring that up next time we talk.

Promote your own.
I agree. As beef producers, we need to stand together when we can. Store bought beef feeds hungry folks. Ranch To plate raised beef has lots of benefits and I direct market my beef as well. But many people don't have freezer space or the income level to buy half a beef. I feel like Bigmuddy. Promote your product without being negative toward store beef. Like your site! Hope it's successful for ya.

I agree. As beef producers, we need to stand together when we can. Store bought beef feeds hungry folks. Ranch To plate raised beef has lots of benefits and I direct market my beef as well. But many people don't have freezer space or the income level to buy half a beef. I feel like Bigmuddy. Promote your product without being negative toward store beef. Like your site! Hope it's successful for ya.
Thanks, Leanin' H! That makes sense.

I know a guy that bashes hot iron branding as inhumane. But the funny thing was he didn't own a single steer that didn't have someone else's brand on it! When I pointed out the hypocrisy of his business model he said whatever it takes to sell he'll do! Some People want to feel warm and fuzzy about things like that. And some people could care less. What works well for me is showing the many benefits of being a smaller producer, i.e. less middle men, local, feeding program that better fits each steer, ect. But I also try to educate folks that our agriculture industry is really built on family farms and ranches. And it truly takes an "Industry" to feed all the folks in our world. I applaud The safe, efficient system that puts beef on supermarket shelves. And I still am able to sell plenty of direct market beef to my customers. Started out with 4 steers and now sell 40-50 each year. Win-win

Latest posts