• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

NFL Kick Offs?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Triangle Bar

Reaction score
What is the deal with the kick offs this year? In the games I've watched, the ball is always unreturnable. It's either out the back of the end zone or 8 or 9 yards deep. I think there still kicking off from the 35 yard line so what's the deal, higher pressure in the kicking balls, extra steroids in the kicking legs?

Frankly, it's a bit boring not having kick returns. :?

They moved the kick off spot up I remember them talking about it in preseason something to do with all the injuries on kick offs last year I guess they figured if the ball isn't returnable no one will get hurt.

It was moved from the 30 to the 35 before the season started this year, as was said, injuries were of concern.

Worried about concussions with some lawsuits going on.

I think they only give the kicking team a 5 yard starting distance too.

Next year they are going to outlaw contact and add a rule that when you remove the flag from your opponents back pocket they will be considered down at the point the flag is completely separated from the pocket. It should help resolve a lot of the confusion in the game at this time about who can be hit and when.

some teams have this figured out, kick it high and drop it at the -2 so that they bring it out with the coverage there. A lot of starts inside the 20 this year because of that.

okfarmer said:
Next year they are going to outlaw contact and add a rule that when you remove the flag from your opponents back pocket they will be considered down at the point the flag is completely separated from the pocket. It should help resolve a lot of the confusion in the game at this time about who can be hit and when.

I could believe that for the Big 10. :lol:

loomixguy said:
okfarmer said:
Next year they are going to outlaw contact

Somebody better inform my man Suh about this. He still believes football is a contact sport, and is willing to pay the fines.

Yes, he is a man out there and I enjoy watching him play. It's nice to see the Lion's having a good year.

OK... Thanks for the info. I guess I hadn't paid enough attention to hear about the changes. Interesting, trying to limit contact in a full contact sport. Oh well, I guess it will eliminate some of those illegal block in the back calls that seem to be called on every kick off return.

Latest posts