• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

NFR

Help Support Ranchers.net:

That they did. Nice to see the wealth spread around a bit. Here we are hoping the South Dakotan can hit the pay window a couple of times yet. Tough competition for sure.

Two best buds sitting atop the average in the saddle bronc, very cool.

WB said:
That they did. Nice to see the wealth spread around a bit. Here we are hoping the South Dakotan can hit the pay window a couple of times yet. Tough competition for sure.

No luck for South Dakota tonight, Ryder had a exciting no score. Tough broncs tonight.

The team roping was heartbreaking. One right after another.
WOW on the barrel racing tho! And Matt Z. won the round in calf roping. He's my favorite. Well, Shane Hanchy is too.
And ALWAYS Stran Smith. :D But he wasn't there. Wondering if he is ERA?

leanin' H said:
Silver said:
leanin' H said:
Canadians cant ride buckin' horses! :D :D :D If ya want it done Wright, then it takes a Utahn. 8) :wink:

Billy won every 10th round in the history of the NFR didn't he? :D But I don't know about the first 4 rounds in a row.

Just watch, one lonely guy from North of the 56th parallel with no sponsors can out ride four or five wannabe's from Utah on the average any time! 5 more rides will prove me correct!
We all know no one from Utah ever made a real cowboy anyway! :lol:

Why you frozen eared Hoser!!! :twisted: Of course he is lonely, he's a Canadian. He is probably sponsored by a firewood company, a polar bear import/export corporation and a marijuana grower from Vancouver. And speaking of average, did ya happen to notice that along with winning 4 strait rounds, Mr. Wright is also winning the average with 345 points on 4 head. A Canuck couldn't score that high on 25 head. (Not to mention add that high) :lol:

Now just so everyone has full disclosure, I am only basing my harsh judgment of cowboy ability north of the 56th parallel on the Canadians I know. That would be yourself, Gcreek, BMR and few other goofballs with frostbitten extremities and a high threshold for misery. BMR had to have Tam buy him a pony and a cute little cart. He claimed it was for the grandkids but he aint foolin' anyone with that fairy tale. Gcreek went over to the 4 wheeler dark side years ago after a tragic accident with a stickhorse. And I know I wasn't supposed to let the cat outa the bag on you Silver but I have to defend all Utahns against your insane logic. The truth is Silver was a heck of a hand in the Bronc riding. On his last ride he was sittin' pretty, just scratching that old equine fore and aft like a postcard. But then that bronc kinda sunfished on him some and he found himself in a world of hurt. He somehow got a boot clear through the stirrup and was getting drug and plumb stomped. Thankfully the greeter at the Canadian Walmart heard the ruckus and ran over and unplugged the horsey ride. That was a close one for sure.... :D

Must we remind someone of a certain pack trip on a round baler deer hunt? Hmmmmm?

Canada night was pretty good to the saddle bronc riders with all three getting a check.A Canadian won the bareback but Jake Vold made a poor ride and tough for the Canadian team ropers that were first in the average but missed last night.
Tough bunch of broncs in both events last night, the boys are getting sore.

I have been busier than a one legged woodpecker and have missed a lot of the finals. Headed to my parents tonight to watch. Did see that Cody Wright won the Saddle bronc go round last night. :D

Far be it from me to brag or goad any of you wonderful folks, BUT DID YA HAPPEN TO SEE THE RODEO TONIGHT? :D That 88.5 Saddle Bronc ride would of been turned in by who? Ryder Wright if I am not wrong (and I seldom am). 8) And what about 4 of the top 6 in the round, being from UTAH? :cowboy:

In all seriousness, it was tough to see the Canadians land a little early. But those boys from Milford, Utah, which is south of me 100 miles or so, can scratch some horsehide. Reminds me a lot of me, except those boys have much more talent and ability. Thankfully I was blessed with rugged good looks and a large amount of humility. :lol:

Round 10 outa be fun to watch.

That was one heck of a bull ride tonight! 94.5 points is nuts but so was that bull and the ride was as good as you'll see!

P.S.
I still love my Canadian friends and hope those guys finish well.

Well 'H, it will be an interesting final round in the saddle bronc for sure. The young fella leading leading in the average happens to be my dad's Significant Other's great nephew and calls home about 30 minutes from here so if he pulls it off tonight you might hear me hollerin' all the way down there!

Silver said:
Well 'H, it will be an interesting final round in the saddle bronc for sure. The young fella leading leading in the average happens to be my dad's Significant Other's great nephew and calls home about 30 minutes from here so if he pulls it off tonight you might hear me hollerin' all the way down there!

I will try an listen for ya tonight but it'll be pretty hard over all the racket I will be makin' after Ryder pulls off another go-round win! :D Best of luck to all of the contestants tonight!

Silver said:

Do you think Jake learned to ride a rank horse from his mornings out wrangling on Darwin's broncy pack horses?

bearvalley said:
Silver said:

Do you think Jake learned to ride a rank horse from his mornings out wrangling on Darwin's broncy pack horses?

He coulda learned it from riding his dads ropin horse too! lol

Great job to the World Champion Saddle Bronc rider!!!! The Canadians did awesome. I was pulling for my fellow Utahns but ya cant win em' all. Kudos to all the contestants, stock contractors and the PRCA. And thanks to you all for letting me rib ya a little.

It sure was a fight to the finish in some events. Made it very interesting. While we missed the 'top guns' (so to speak) it was good that it was so competitive this year. We felt bad about Ty Erickson, having known the family quite well. He's a good man, just didn't have a good finals. Has to be tough going in at #1. Mary Berger, hats off to her! The barrel race was wild! Junior Noregia held it all together in the team roping. We hadn't seen him miss or get one hock til the NFR and we've seen him rope a lot. Glad he hung in there. Somehow we missed who was Champion Header. Who was that?

The 'foreigners' put up a good show, for sure. Congratulations to all!

Big Muddy rancher said:
Junior was All round, the Canadians Simpson and Buelher won the Ave and the World

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Next question--is All Around chosen on money won, even if it is in only one event? It used to be you had to enter at least 2 events. That's one reason we thought Tevor Brazil was a true all around hand. Junior is really fun to watch. He's had some good mentoring along with God-given talent.

Latest posts