• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

NH 664

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
The twine on the right side of my bales doesn't always pick up to wrap. I have to stop the PTO get out and pull the twine out and then start PTO and press wrap on Bale Command. Then it wraps and cuts off fine and and it works hit and miss.

Any ideas?

When this happens I bypass the twine tensioner in the twine box. Seems some bales of twine are tighter, especially when starting a new spool.

Not really a fix, but it works for me.

starvin'dog said:
When this happens I bypass the twine tensioner in the twine box. Seems some bales of twine are tighter, especially when starting a new spool.

Not really a fix, but it works for me.

Tonight I smoothed out some of the groves cut by the twine. Welded a washer on the end of the twine arm that has the cone shaped tensioner. Will see if that helps. :?

Did this just start doing this?
Have you had to re-thread your twine on the right side?
If so, make sure you have it threaded right.
Had that happen on my JD 567, after I threaded it right, hasn't missed a lick.

I wouldn't have known this a week ago but check to see if the breakaway is still straight and the plate your arms sit on.

Mine didn't breakawy and bent several things and that was the symptom.

Doug Thorson said:
I wouldn't have known this a week ago but check to see if the breakaway is still straight and the plate your arms sit on.

Mine didn't breakawy and bent several things and that was the symptom.

I put on a new twine tube as the old one had a groove cut in it and it was time. :D

Latest posts