• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Nice Day to Move Cows

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Denny

Reaction score
100_0162.jpg

my wife on her trusty steed
45b0c285.jpg

Lacy Rideing our OLD mare
b90128f8.jpg

Loading up to go
953f3aab.jpg

This is me and my Trusty steed Ron named after a friend who use to own him.We moved cows today back to the winter farm it was about 45 above very nice weather.

It was a beautiful day to move cows. Almost to warm as the horses are haired up and it doesn't take much to sweat them up. My daughter and Jack the dog and I gathered about 160 hd to preg check. Didn't even need a jacket until later in the day. Strange to be so warm for so many days This late in the year.

Nice pictures, Denny. My mother grew up in the Benson, Minnesota area and came to live in the Sandhills in 1950, when she married my dad. One time back in the '70's we traveled to spend Thanksgiving with our Minnesota relatives.

My uncle lived by Starbuck, and he needed to move a bunch of cows about five miles. I volunteered to be a cowboy and he gave me a pretty good horse. A cold wind was blowing across some of those lakes. The temperature was in the mid-twenties, and my warmest duds had been left back in Nebraska. It was a teeth-chattering chilly ride, and and I had to wonder how close we were to the Arctic Circle. A good warm dinner at the end of the ride really hit the spot.

1st time I went to nebraska I was on my way to the stock show jan 10 and its 30 above at 8 a.m. when we had left home that trip it was 20 below and snow blowing.Guys were grazing corn stalks and other winter pastures unheard of around here.

We are headed to Denver in Jan this year hope the weather is nice for that trip.We useally go to Murdo than bebop south to Ogalala.

We were out near Mission S.D. in the middle of the night running out of gas we pull into a small town and figured we would have to spend the night low and behold the gas pumps took cash at that time I had never seen anything like it but it was sure handy.

Great pictures, thanks! We got the last 5 escapee cows and two heifer calves off the neighbors. Took the horses to church with us (they didn't come inside :p ) and got the cows on the way home. Hauled the two heifer calves home and left the cows at our leased pasture. It was a beautiful day here too.

Looks like you had some good help,sure been mild weather this year,wonder how much longer this will last,Im begining to think I cut all that firewood for nothing..................good luck

PS get rid of that rooskie tractor before you get hurt on it :D

Latest posts