• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Nice memorial day in the TX hill country

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
If you get a chance, thank a MILITARY MAN,active or retired,I always talk cattle with these ole soldiers around here and always make time for them.Any one doing anything speacial today?I been moving kinda slow last few days I was pullin the axles out of an old 1937 John Deere,that needs seals and bearings and twisted my back a little.I tell you they put iron in those old girls.But I had a chance to walk some fences this morning and check some heifers and found three new calves so I believe IM gonna have to do a little celebrating when the sun gets low ,maybe charcoal a few rib eyes.........HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY YALL,well thats mine ,how is yours?...........good luck

I had a nice surprise yesterday. Got calls from all four boys (now men) and each thanked me for serving in the Armed Forces. I missed most of their ball games and plays at school while they were growing up due to being overseas. Raised them by myself for 6 years and then got remarried. That was when they were first starting school and boy was that a struggle. Wouldn't recommend that for anyone. Must have done a fair job because they are all grown now and 3 are married. The youngest just turned 21 and has no thoughts of marriage yet. Anyway, each of them, without consulting the others, called to say they were proud of my service and said they understood when I wasn't there during their teen years. I've always felt that they were cheated so much because of my job and I wasn't there to help guide them and teach them. Really brought a tear to my eyes and made me stick my chest out more. I'm really proud of how they turned out. Great Memorial Day surprise.

Casa,
personal thank you for your time, one of my high school buddies just got back from Iraq, and we are getting OLD. Sorry that you missed alot of your son's things, I missed alot of them and I was here, being too damned concerned about making it and not caring about things that really matter. I have it figured out now, have the PRIORITIES picture on the wall. you raised them right, because they care and they know. I also raised kids by myself for an unmentionable amount of time, wasn't that long but seemed like forever trying to provide, care for and be mom and dad. You should congratulate yourself that they care and appreciate what you did. I do.

Latest posts