• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Nice phone call

Help Support Ranchers.net:

PPRM

Reaction score
Last week I picked through at the sale and got 10 Hiefer Calves weighing between 375 and 550 pounds for an average of $1.00 per pound. Most were black and black baldie, a couple greys and a Red Angus....

The majority weren't Bangs vaccinated, so I was a little worried on how they would be, most were weaned that day, a recipe for problems, LOL.....Called the guy that is feeding them and he said no sickness yet. They will get final vaccinations later this week, then go to a cutting horse guy for about 6 weeks. He feeds them for free,

Anyways, I had been a little nervous, it was a nice phone call,

Pat

Soap,

I know you realize this, Luck is where preparation meets opportunity....

I guarentee you I didn't wake up one day and find and find a guy good at starting calves and then a cutting horse guy on the front porch. I actually been sweating finding calves for this, but got a little break. I "borrowed" calves from a freind on this deal just to keep it. Friend really is a school teacher and doesn't appreciate the value, Oh Well....

I started with a cutting horse guy that i paid and have workedup to this. all the good things on the cost side of this business take work to find,

And some Luck is always involved, I think it showed up where the calves didn't get sick, LOL, YET, *PAT knocks on wood*

Pat

Latest posts