• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Nice to have a buddy on those cold winter nights

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
Here's a picture of Dixie and her buddy, Pete, keeping warm on a cold night. She had her own bed, but got a little carried away with it when she had to be boarded at a kennel...so now Pete shares his with her. Good dog that he is. Anyway, I thought the dog lovers on this site might enjoy the picture.

IMG_0250.jpg

Which one's Buddy, n which one's Dixie? When I first read this I thought you were talkin bout a buddy to keep YOU warm at night. Wrangler's a great lil foot warmer, he skooches himself between the quilt and the bedspread and worms his way down to my feet, keeps em nice n warm. Makes Mr. Lilly happy too, I"m not stickin cold feet on him durin the night tryin to warm em up :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dixie is the red dog that is the puppy in my avatar.
Pete, the good dog, is her buddy. He is Blue HeelerxAussie.

THEY are buddies. Now do ya get it?
I think you might be up past your bedtime. :wink:

As for sleeping with us, he's WAY TOO BIG and she's
WAY TO WIGGLY. So they can sleep together.

She had her head laid atop of his til I came out the door.
He never moved, but she did. Sometimes she sleeps on top
of him. Warmer that way. He's a lot nicer to her than she
is to him. The ride in the tractor every day, both of 'em. And sleep.
But just let Petes foot touch her and she's growling and
irritable as all get out.

reminds me of my 2--the old B**ch sadie tolerates zeus as long as he doesn't get "too" close, if he does, it's the nasty warning growl. the "too" close changes on a daily, even hourly basis. However, if she wants his company, it's ok for him to snuggle (he's a dobie with NO coat, HATES rain, snow and cold--maybe i should move to ALA or GA?...).

they can be comical tho. then throw Oreo Oscar Sylvester Stallone (the cat) into the mix, and things can get REALLY crazy. :roll:

Latest posts