• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Nice

Help Support Ranchers.net:

loomixguy

Reaction score
Nice to see my guys pull the upset on Meatchicken State. It's about time we got some kind of a break.

Glad we're not dealing with the crap that Mizzery is!

No way in hell that defender forced that receiver out of bounds. Officials must've felt sorry for the Huskers plus taken a payoff from the home team. Wasn't an "upset", it was a sham...................

Sparty is not as tough as they thought, NU is still a long way away from being good, bad calls game the game away.
probable win vs Rutgers, probable loss at Iowa.... Huskers will be home for the holidays.

Taters stock in trade is interpreting who really won based on their perception of corrected officiating. Bad calls suck, but they balance out.

That was a nice win. Might keep the pitch forks and torches at bey. Wish Kansas coulda closed out Texas, but I'm just hopin for a glimmer of improvement. We have the toothless horde calling for a new coach cause that whole coaching carousel is working out so well.

Oh that mutard crap is ruinous. If I was Wolfe (after I moved my school), I'd act all contrite and call in the head race baiter and make my payoffs to the Jessie lifestyle fund, and let the dindus move onto their next target. Might be able to pay Jessie or Al a little extra and pick their next target.

They say they were offended? Was anyone offended by Ricky Clemmons calling the administration "crackahs"? Where did some people ever get the right to not be offended? Why is burning and looting not terrorism? Oh no, please don't burn and loot, we'll punish anyone that offends you.

Mike said:
No way in hell that defender forced that receiver out of bounds. Officials must've felt sorry for the Huskers plus taken a payoff from the home team. Wasn't an "upset", it was a sham...................

Go to Facebook and read the latest installment of the Carrier Chronicles. Adam will break it all down, the good, the bad, & the ugly. I'll take the evaluation of a former Husker and NFL veteran on these things before I'll take the sour grapes of SEC or Big XII fans. :wink:

Everyone knows that was a bad call. Especially the commentators. But a bad call to give the real losers a win at the end of a game is not evening it out.............

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/undefeated-michigan-state-beaten-by-officials-as-appare-1741248766

Mike said:
Everyone knows that was a bad call. Especially the commentators. But a bad call to give the real losers a win at the end of a game is not evening it out.............

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/undefeated-michigan-state-beaten-by-officials-as-appare-1741248766

Regardless of what you or any other armchair official imagines, THERE WAS NOT ENOUGH DEFINITIVE VIDEO EVIDENCE TO OVERTURN THE CALL. Was the call questionable? Yes. Definitely overturnable? NO. Had it been, don't you think the MSU HC would still be having a fit about it? But the double PI call that went MSU's way I should just forget about, huh?

Like I said, read Adam Carriker's Carriker Chronicles on Facebook. His take is a lot more relevant than any commentators or armchair official's.

If the call had been made properly to begin with, there would be no need to overturn it. They got it wrong.............

That wasn't the only call that was "questionable" in that game...it just bounced our way, for a change. MSU benefitted greatly from a call while playing Michigan, what, last week? I remember a game in Texas a few years back where time had expired...but somehow one extra second got put back on the clock, for no other reason than we were playing Texas in Texas. That cost us the Big XII Championship.

You must agree with Mr. Gun Safety himself, Plaxico Burress and his twitter rants. MSU had plenty of calls go their way last Saturday. I'll take the "W". Deal with it and get over the butthurt.

FWIW...the B1G Conference has issued a statement saying the call made was indeed correct. MSU HC Dantonio has moved on. Armchair critics from the SEC and the Big XII need not be concerned.

There is a picture taken at the game that shows without any doubt whatsoever that contact WAS made between the players and there is an official right there with eyes on the play. If I knew how to post it, I would. Correct call made, case closed.

loomixguy said:
There is a picture taken at the game that shows without any doubt whatsoever that contact WAS made between the players and there is an official right there with eyes on the play. If I knew how to post it, I would. Correct call made, case closed.

So? According to the rules he must be forced out. Not just touched. Glad to see you have conceded the mistake by the officials. :lol:

A receiver loses his eligibility by leaving the field of play unless he was forced out by a defensive player and immediately attempts to get back inbounds (Rule 7-3-4).

Wouldn't the fact contact was made, put the decision or evaluation as to weather or not the player was forced out, in the hands of the official? I don't get upset about judgement calls. Not knowing the rules kills me; didn't NU get 5 downs against MU a few years ago?

1. MSU put themselves in that position by their bad defensive play.
2. The receiver knows where the sideline is and surely wouldn't run out of bounds unless forced to.
3. Life isn't fair. Get over it

Brad S said:
Wouldn't the fact contact was made, put the decision or evaluation as to weather or not the player was forced out, in the hands of the official? I don't get upset about judgement calls. Not knowing the rules kills me; didn't NU get 5 downs against MU a few years ago?

That part of the call is not reviewable.

Just as in a pass interference call, contact in and of itself is NOT illegal. The receiver and the defender both were looking back at the ball and the defender had placed himself in a better position in regards to the sideline. The receiver had no where to go but out of bounds. His fault. The contact was just as much a fault of the receiver as it was for the defender and there was no use of the hands.

When the play happened I immediately thought they were going to call a penalty on the Husker receiver for coming back in bounds to catch the ball and was shocked by the initial call. And let me say this. I hate Michigan and Michigan State both and was pulling for Nebraska all the way through the game. I am definitely an underdog type of football fan. Until that obvious home cooked call.

That was Colorado that got 5 downs against Missouri to win the game. No one can say that the officials can't throw a game the other way.

pushed out, or just contact is irrelevant. what I understood was that part was not reviewable... why have replay if some things are not reviewable?? makes no sense to me.

loomixguy said:
Nice to see my guys pull the upset on Meatchicken State. It's about time we got some kind of a break.

Glad we're not dealing with the crap that Mizzery is!

Glad you got the win. Stopped the buzz about the former Husker running back getting arrested for murder.

Latest posts