• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Nikon D50 and lenses...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

DiamondSCattleCo

Reaction score
Sooo, I did ok on my calves this spring, my finger got a little itchy while I was eBaying and I ended up with a Nikon D50 with 28-80mm Nikkor AF-S lens and a 70mm - 300mm AF-S lens at a decent price.

I was just curious if anyone had used either of those lens and what they're like, or if I should put the lenses back up on eBay and hunt for newer AF-S VR lenses? I see the 18-55 AF-S VR lens selling for a hundred bucks all over...

Rod

I want to get one of these when I can talk the wife into it. I think it is the best all around solution without having to tote that other lens which isn't on the camera when you need it. It's hard to spend as much or more on the lens than the camera! :shock:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nikon-18-200mm-DX-AF-S-VR-Lens-for-D300-D60-D40-D80-D90_W0QQitemZ350201321589QQihZ022QQcategoryZ3323QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:lol: I know, I was already eyeballing one of these. I only paid $350 for the D50 and two G lenses (28 - 80mm, 70 - 300 mm). Cheapest price I could find on the 18-200 VR was 800 bucks. :lol:

So you have a VR macro lense that you don't use anymore and would be willing to sell?

Latest posts