• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

NM State Senate Votes To Start Border War With Texas

Help Support Ranchers.net:

TARSman

Reaction score
The Las Cruces Sun-News just reported that the NM State Senate in Santa Fe "voted Tuesday to sue Texas for the return of land in a move that the bill's sponsor, Sen. Shannon Robinson, D-Albuquerque, likened to a 'slap fight' between neighbors.

Robinson said there are 603,485 acres of land along the eastern border with Texas that was erroneously appropriated to Texas due to a surveyor's error. The bill directs the attorney general to sue for the return of the land, as well as compensation for mineral rights, oil and gas royalties, property taxes and grazing privileges that have been lost due to the mistake. ------------

It's all prime Permian Basin land."

This could get interesting, folks. Maybe some Texas grazers will become New Mexico grazers.

TARSman said:
The Las Cruces Sun-News just reported that the NM State Senate in Santa Fe "voted Tuesday to sue Texas for the return of land in a move that the bill's sponsor, Sen. Shannon Robinson, D-Albuquerque, likened to a 'slap fight' between neighbors.

Robinson said there are 603,485 acres of land along the eastern border with Texas that was erroneously appropriated to Texas due to a surveyor's error. The bill directs the attorney general to sue for the return of the land, as well as compensation for mineral rights, oil and gas royalties, property taxes and grazing privileges that have been lost due to the mistake. ------------

It's all prime Permian Basin land."

This could get interesting, folks. Maybe some Texas grazers will become New Mexico grazers.

To bad Mexico wouldn't take texas back the we could be rid of Haymaker. :wink: :cowboy: :cowboy:

To bad Mexico wouldn't take texas back the we could be rid of Haymaker.

can't you just see a mexican police car scream across the american border, dump hay maker out on the fly and head back south. lol.

hope they dont break his bottle tequla. hey by the way i took some bottles to the return today and in the stash was 6 empty tangle ridge bottles. I didnt know i had drank tangle ridge before but i guess i musta.Maybe i drank to much and forgot what i was drinkin. :shock:

You canuckle heads oughta be ashamed ,talkin bout an ole RED NECK
like that I dont drink that TEAKILLU stuff unless IM south of the River,I drink the best sippin whiskey Canada has to offer ,always been fond of CROWN & canadian hussies,.............good luck

Latest posts