• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

No-till drill not ready.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

damengineer

Reaction score
I started to hook up the old Tye no-till drill this morning and found a few springs missing on the back press wheels, and then found some discs that had a lot of play. $26 each for discs but after some searching I found the bearings for $4 ea. So while waiting I only have to cut off the 6 rivets and drive out the bearings in each disc. 32 of them, so it may be a long day tomorrow. Got more time than money......

The worst thing is I really thought it was ready to go!!!! It never fails, they go to pot just sitting between seasons..

I started to hook up the old Tye no-till drill this morning and found a few springs missing on the back press wheels, and then found some discs that had a lot of play. $26 each for discs but after some searching I found the bearings for $4 ea. So while waiting I only have to cut off the 6 rivets and drive out the bearings in each disc. 32 of them, so it may be a long day tomorrow. Got more time than money......
Are you planning on seeding something this fall or are you getting a head start on spring?
I wouldn't go with the cheapest bearings I could find. Chinese parts quality has been quite an issue for a lot of people.

Here we have some red clay that the period of time between too wet and too dry is 2 hours.... We try to sow from the middle of August to the end of September. We only get one rain to get it up then maybe another around Thanksgiving. Last halloween we had the worst Ice storm of nearly 100 years and took out our trees. It is really dry here now, and we might get a shower on Tuesday..

Latest posts