• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

NO

Help Support Ranchers.net:

That's a bummer Jody :???:

If I lived closer I'd do some haying for you. I do pretty well in the hayfield if I'm out of the dirt in a good cab with the AC working! :wink:

Guy who helps me hay and I are going to help his cousin next week. The cousin recently went to Rochester had a tumor removed from his neck. He is not supposed to do much either.

Saddest thing is, your doc would probably veto the fishing trip too! :roll:

Since when do Ranchers listen that closely? cinch her down tight, tape her up and listen for the pain. You'll know when to say when as long as you don't take none of their horse pills. :wink:
May God bless you with a speedy recovery!

porkchop said:
Since when do Ranchers listen that closely? cinch her down tight, tape her up and listen for the pain. You'll know when to say when as long as you don't take none of their horse pills. :wink:
May God bless you with a speedy recovery!
funny I asked if I could cinch it up tight and go and they quickly said NO

been there done that , do what the doc says or you will be sorry forever .
bones & cords take time too heal

lefty said:

I agree! The second time takes longer to heal than the first, and not as well. I read something somewhere about laying in green pastures. Not fun!

Shortgrass said:
lefty said:

I agree! The second time takes longer to heal than the first, and not as well. I read something somewhere about laying in green pastures. Not fun!

My neighbor lived in pain with back troubles for years until he finally got it repaired. He felt so good that he disregarded the doctor's advice to take time off from farming for several weeks. Did whatever he felt like doing.

Guess what happened? This spring he could barely lift a bag of seed corn into the planter.

Now, just lately, he went to see if the doctor could do anything for him.

Nope.

Some days are better and others he barely stands up straight. And he's not quite 50.

Take care of yourself first Jody or you might be no good to anyone later.

Wife took today off we went to grease the swather, found the oil leak that was plugging the radiator two trip for parts, neighbor then his brother stopped and help, had lunch and Sue is not pushing that disc as fast as it can go , but she is dropping some hay.

jodywy said:
Wife took today off we went to grease the swather, found the oil leak that was plugging the radiator two trip for parts, neighbor then his brother stopped and help, had lunch and Sue is not pushing that disc as fast as it can go , but she is dropping some hay.

I'm sure you've heard the adage, 'slow and steady wins the race.' I noticed this a few years back with one of the neighbors. The wife driving a slower pace could cut all day with no breakdowns. The husband would climb in and drive like a madman for a few hours and then spend the next couple hours fixing what he broke. :) She got a lot more acres cut in a day.

Just take it easy and get well healed.

:wave:

Sounds like you need to go on a road trip and stay out of the crew's hair Jody. :p

When I first did my failed circus act in May, Debbie told me if I wasn't going to be out doing a job to not tell her how to do it. :lol:

Get better soon, it is sure taking longer than I want it to for my leg to heal. Still walking around like a constipated duck. :roll:

gcreekrch said:
Sounds like you need to go on a road trip and stay out of the crew's hair Jody. :p

When I first did my failed circus act in May, Debbie told me if I wasn't going to be out doing a job to not tell her how to do it. :lol:

Get better soon, it is sure taking longer than I want it to for my leg to heal. Still walking around like a constipated duck. :roll:

You mean it's your sore leg that makes you walk like that. :wink: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts