• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

North Dakota Has Balls

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
http://blog.tenthamendmentcenter.com/2015/03/signed-into-law-north-dakota-bill-authorizes-hemp-farming-effectively-nullifies-federal-ban/

About time someone did this. Cheaper and better paper. Excellent cloth. Enormous benefits besides being another cash crop. The pine tree and paper company lobby has been fighting this for a long time...................
Why let Central America reap the rewards?

Interesting.

I can tell you that ND is very-open minded and is full of hard-working people with a lot of civic pride.
At least until the oil boom, you never found cleaner, neater towns than in ND. Whatever they set
out to do, they seem to make it work. And people make jokes about the people of that state. Having
lived basically next door to them for over 20 years, we respect ND and it's people. If I was a betting
person, I'd bet they make this work. They are and have been working on their infrastructure because
of the oil boom. BTW, I heard the oil rigs operating in the BAkken have gone from 280 down to 80.

Liberal logic on this one... if it looks like a scarey black machine gun it should be banned.. .oops wrong topic. :?

Steve said:
Liberal logic on this one... if it looks like a scarey black machine gun it should be banned.. .oops wrong topic. :?

They wouldn't allow hemp to be grown because it resembled Mary Jane but now they are legalizing Mary Jane. :roll:

We've still got hemp rope stored away that belonged to my grandfather, or great grandfather, so it's quite old. I don't think it hurt them any. lol

Big Muddy rancher said:
Steve said:

They wouldn't allow hemp to be grown because it resembled Mary Jane but now they are legalizing Mary Jane. :roll:

yep,.. it is that same flawed logic that the liberals use on many issues.. just cause it looks like something scarey they want to ban it..

My hope was that with these states opposing the federal government on this issue, hemp as a crop would have growers renouncing any federal programs supporting it, starting a trend which might grow to include all crops.

But, either way (some things seem to be too much benefit to hope for, it seems) it would be interesting to see what comes of it. I've used some hemp fabric, sort of like linen, but easier to care for, maybe more comfortable to wear, imo. And natural fibers which don't rely on synthetics often derived from petroleum to make them have easier care qualities would be great!

mrj

Latest posts