• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Northern Rancher---Bucking Bulls

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Northern Rancher-- Did you happen to see the bucking stock calves that sold on the Superior Sale Friday? I only caught a part of it when I came in--Rafter D Rodeo had quite a few- both heifers and bulls- you could take the lot or pick individuals out.....

Bulls sold between $700- 1250....Heifers all sold for $625....
http://www.superiorlivestock.com/CatShort.sla?s=v&ba=a

Doesn't look like the kid is doing too good at the Finals in Oklahoma City- Has only picked up one check in the first 4 go-arounds....Had a 77 score the first night which was good enough for 4th, but has done nothing since...

Faster horses said:
OT, what kid are you talking about?

Kevin Taylor- my "adopted son"...He's a young fellow that lived with me for several years when he was having problems with his family--he was a town kid when he came out, but a pretty fair hand when he left--he started riding and working cows with my kids - and then rodeoing in youth and high school rodeo with them... He's a horseshoer, so moved to Dawsonville Ga.- claims their is good money in it there....Fought bulls for a few years-Then after a few bad bullfighting wrecks stuck with just the barebacks and saddlebroncs...

Now that he lives back east he rides the IPRA circuit- most of which are east of the Mississippi...He won the Southeast Region saddle for bronc riding- and was 9th in that region in BB this year....We have a few of his buckles and pictures hanging on my wall of fame in my office in the house...

This is his 4th trip to the IPRA Finals- qualified twice in two events- this year only in the SB as he's really cutting back on his travelling...

I should have went down this year- nice weather and all- this may be his last time to qualify as he went in 14th place- and since he's into his 30's and feeling the aches and pains more now, he's talking about staying closer to home next year....

But the best thing is that as time past and he matured and his Dad worked thru his own problems, they became good friends again- in fact his Dad is in Oklahoma City now to watch him....

Latest posts