• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Northern Rancher, recognize this pair?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hereford76

Reaction score
1111a.jpg

by himself - 928 calf. probably one of the better calves. shouldn't have sold you that bull... AI in late june isn't what i want to be doing.
1111.jpg

some other random pictures

928 heifers
928calf.jpg

1128.jpg

743.jpg

1125.jpg

1014e.jpg

1127d.jpg

827e.jpg

1127e.jpg
[/url]

That's the bull at Billings.
What was the BW on his calves?

Thinking about AI'ing our heifers, for some reason our heifer bulls start getting more testy the older they get.

I'm actually not much of a marketer Genex got rid of me because I couldn't bring myself to shill the greatest EPD bulls in the world. Cattle I believe in I will try to get used.

I Luv Herfrds said:

Thinking about AI'ing our heifers, for some reason our heifer bulls start getting more testy the older they get.

second rain out day in a row! should make the pea crop. did you get any moisture today or yesterday? is darrell haying yet? not a bloom here yet - crazy, maybe i'll get to take in the fourth this year.

... and yes 928 is one of the bulls down at billings - you saw him here.

Northern Rancher said:
Hard not like him after seeing his dam,granddam and greatgranddam. Ace is a good stockman.
well i got one person fooled anyhow - lol. so will i get to see you when i take these bulls up to moose jaw? hope so

Hereford76 said:
I Luv Herfrds said:

second rain out day in a row! should make the pea crop. did you get any moisture today or yesterday? is darrell haying yet? not a bloom here yet - crazy, maybe i'll get to take in the fourth this year.

... and yes 928 is one of the bulls down at billings - you saw him here.

Northern Rancher said:
Hard not like him after seeing his dam,granddam and greatgranddam. Ace is a good stockman.
well i got one person fooled anyhow - lol. so will i get to see you when i take these bulls up to moose jaw? hope so

What port are you crossing at?

Kind of flat on my back with pneumonia right now but I'd like to see them. I guess I'll see you when you bring Derek's up. Breeding a bunch of black cows to Lad at a friends next week.

BMR
thru coutts/sweetgrass. altho i think next time i'll just talk arvid and nr into crossing over there somewhere out in BFE and hi tailing it for the caves.... practically gave one away with getting them export ready.

NR
hope you kick that sick. flat on your back and you are going to AI how many next week? i think i used about 2/3 of that f-r black semen. by the way dylan needs to send me an invoice.

Rained pretty good last night. Had a pretty bad wind storm with the storm on Tuesday along with some pea size hail.
A nasty thunderstorm last Thursday, a lot of dangerous lighting in that one. Checked everything and nothing was dead so I was happy. Had to chase a calf back in that got pushed out by the wind in that storm.

Darrell just got the headers ready and is servicing the swather today. might start cutting tomorrow or the next day.

So what were the BW's on 928's calves?

I was wondering how you fared, ILH. I heard John Pulasky say on
the weather this morning that there was hail the size of baseballs
south of Malta. He said they knocked some horses down. :shock:
And then he said something about a tornado touching down somewhere
around Glasgow.

Stay safe, everyone!

It was 104 in Hardin yesterday. Whew, that's HOT.

Latest posts