• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

NorthSask. Exercise Program

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
Just getting ready to move pairs into the bush-Ty and I fenced all morning in chest waders-not much fun but trust me we weren't cold.After that 4 inch rain we have water running and laying everywhere. Making sure no electric fences were drowned out-gave the Hemi a good workout just getting to the pasture. It's gonna be antsy on horseback in those meadows lots of burnouts-really tough for a horse to swim grass 7 feet tall. My kids finally believe me that we can flood after ten straight dry years. Really gonna screw up my bowhunting to lol.

Northern Rancher said:
Just getting ready to move pairs into the bush-Ty and I fenced all morning in chest waders-not much fun but trust me we weren't cold.After that 4 inch rain we have water running and laying everywhere. Making sure no electric fences were drowned out-gave the Hemi a good workout just getting to the pasture. It's gonna be antsy on horseback in those meadows lots of burnouts-really tough for a horse to swim grass 7 feet tall. My kids finally believe me that we can flood after ten straight dry years. Really gonna screw up my bowhunting to lol.
Prime example for "Dad is always RIGHT"

Don't you think the Hemi's are a disappointment when hooked to a heavy trailer? Not much for low end torque, even though HP rating is 345. They'll really kick'er in the butt when empty, though.

I have a 2005 Dodge 3/4 ton single cab, long box, plain jane roll-your-window down by hand :wink: ranch pickup. Have been hauling salt and mineral with it this summer, and am amazed at the places it won't go. My previous pickup for doing this job was a 1995 Ford 3/4 ton, and it will go just about anywhere. Both pickups are gas, not diesel. Just this afternoon with the Dodge, I had to leave a sandy trail and pick my way through grass covered hills to get over the top. The Ford would have sailed over without even gearing down. The Dodge disappoints me, but the new Fords are so darned ugly. :( Chevys rank right in there with cowdogs, Appaloosas and round roping reins. :wink:

Soapweed said:
I have a 2005 Dodge 3/4 ton single cab, long box, plain jane roll-your-window down by hand :wink: ranch pickup. Have been hauling salt and mineral with it this summer, and am amazed at the places it won't go. My previous pickup for doing this job was a 1995 Ford 3/4 ton, and it will go just about anywhere. Both pickups are gas, not diesel. Just this afternoon with the Dodge, I had to leave a sandy trail and pick my way through grass covered hills to get over the top. The Ford would have sailed over without even gearing down. The Dodge disappoints me, but the new Fords are so darned ugly. :( Chevys rank right in there with cowdogs, Appaloosas and round roping reins. :wink:
Soap - I can't tell if you like cowdogs, Appy's and round roping reins - or not! :? What say you? Is the Dodge lacking torque, or Power or traction? Or GVW?

The Dodge just doesn't have any traction. It gets to bouncing and has even popped out of gear. It doesn't have any power in 2nd gear, and just spins down in first. It has "torque" because it "torques" me off. :wink: But it will sure go sailing down the highway. :lol:

Well,Soapweed you are very correct on the chevys-they are town trucks and Fords are ugly,but we have a 2001 and 2002 1 ton dodge and pull lots with them and keep servere muds on the 2002 bale bed and it does go good that way. But your dodge for what you want may not be what you think it should be! Oh well, we will all be down to teams of horse to farm with before long anyway! But it could be lots worse. Have a great eve! By the look of the last photos,you have an excellent cook-she must be able to multi task very well!

Appaloosa!!!!!!!!Soapweed wash your mouth out!!!!
A girlfriend and I tried some new pickups out one day. And the Hemi would really put you back in the seat at 75.. Then tromp it to the floor...Yea Hawwwww Way back into the seat....We have a 1992 Ford diesel and it's the best. Places I've been....YOu go back and look at where ya been and wonder...We have a 4500 with the allison transmission. Nice Nice truck.. My husband trucks and thinks it's a sissy truck because it's an automatic. I love it....It's easier to back a trailier and you sit up high and can see well.

Katrina,

We had a 1995 Ford Diesel and I loved it tooo. Trouble was I damn near wore the thing out. I had over over 400000 on it and the only thing I had to do was replace the flywheel. Got a 2004 6.0 L F-350 now and I like it. But don't mention the 2003 6.0 L it almost drove me crazy. One night when the motor went out of it I had to pulled home by a Dodge. :shock: Had a wear a bag over my head for days in embarassment!!! :oops: :oops:

My husband's goal is to put a million miles on it :D I sometimes drive it to take our boy to high school and you would not believe the respect it gets in the parking lot with the flat bed on it. It's a crewcab so it takes 40 miles to turn her around...Everyone clears the curb.... :nod:

Latest posts