• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Not A Contest Pic.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
X-MasTree009.jpg

Here's one from holidays present-when I go to the kitchen every morning I see this nice buck peeking around my Christmas Tree. My wife accuses me of being a redneck-but Ty says we don't have enough horns up yet only a dozen mounts lol.

That looks like a tree you would buy? Tell me it isn't. I think a few more horns would we nice on the wall too.

Your not a redneck until you build the new house not because your family needs more room but because you need more room for your trophy mounts :lol: :lol:

Friend of mine shot a 6 point bull and had a full head and neck mount- wouldn't fit in his house- had to hang it at a local business until he got his new house built complete with a high ceilinged den......

I cut that tree out in our pasture-trust me OT were just about at horn capacity for or place-literally there's horns everywhere you look-was bad enough with just mine now Ty has started shooting bigger deer than me lol. Out garage rafters are full too. That's happened up here too with moose horns not fitting in the house door lol. It is amazing how many guys shoot boone and crocket deer up here and don't even get them mounted-there's some garages with huge horns hanging in them-I just saw a 172 net 4x4 now that's serious boneage-that deer on the wall netted 168 and a bit. The only bad thing about the Christmas decorations coming out it means 9 months before archery season opens-it's about -30 some up here today with windchill and Ty is out calling 'yotes lol.

Sorry oldtimer in order to be a redneck you HAVE to put lights on the horns.
Thinking I am one a very few women who enjoy mounts......anything from horns to flying geese. Guess its the redneck in me LOL
Beautiful tree post a pic after you get it decorated.

My bear rug looks like one of the rednecks in 'Deliverance'-Ty and his buddy tok a round out of it with a broomstick when they were little-kinda defanged him lol.

Northern Rancher said:
My bear rug looks like one of the rednecks in 'Deliverance'-Ty and his buddy tok a round out of it with a broomstick when they were little-kinda defanged him lol.

I thought you were going to tell us that you knocked the teeth out with your fencing pliers so that the bear couldn't bite you while you were wrestling with him. :wink: :cowboy:

You don't know how close I've come to going mano a bearo with fencing pliers-Ty was maybe 6 years old and we were fencing and we jumped a sow with cubs-heard her woof and saw the cub climb a tree about ten yards away-here I am a half mile from the truck with nothing but fencing pliers lol. She came out on the fenceline just popping her teeth. I told Ty' Bet you can't outrun your Dad' lol (jking). I told him to get behind me and not look at her and we just backed off slow. That old sow was around all summer-we called her out of the bush the next day when I had a rifle but I didn't shoot her-

Now that's somethin I'd never think to worry about while buildin fence. Gittin eat by a bear. hmmm :shock:

If I didnt like buildin fence I might be tempted to try to use that for an excuse........"Mr Lilly, I can't build fence, a bear might jump outta the woods n try to eat me, n all I'd have to defend myself is a pair of fencin pliers"
haha nope it wouldn't fly here...

You sound like my wife lol-we were working this summer and a little two year old was sitting in some crop looking at us-I just kept fencing and told her we had some company-she still likes to cuddle lol.

Know where you're coming from.... we've had a momma bear & two cubs here all summer, so whenever I go fencing, I'm sure the neighbours can hear me singing.... I always seem to pick 'O Canada,' and sing as loud as I can. Just hoping she'll stay clear when she hears me coming. Or, if I don't have too far a hike through the bush, I just make sure I carry my chainsaw! That should work as better than the pliers!

Latest posts