• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Not a good thing to wake up to.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

nenmrancher

Reaction score
Woke up this morning to see a bright glow in the western sky, right now there is a 10,000 acre grass fire burning about 30 miles west of our place. Turned the news on and found out they are evacuating one of the small towns and according to the weather people we should have high winds this afternoon. Hope they get it under control.

nenmrancher:

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. I hope the winds slow, the humidity comes up and the fires slow and move the opposite direction of you.

I've been in your situation more than once, and it's certainly scary.

Take care and and be safe-

Cheers-

TTB :wink:

What they said above and also, as long as we are hopin' and wishin', I hope you get a big ol' rain or snow to fall on the fire and put it out! Good luck.

nenmrancher and righter---best of luck to both of you and your families!! :shock: Stay safe and let your ranchers.net family know if you need ANYTHING!!!! :nod: :nod: :nod:

nemrancher, It's unbelievable it is only Mar 1 and you guys are fighting fires. I sure hope you get some moisture soon because if it gets drier, this summer is going to be bad. We've had a number of fires on this place over the years, it's not fun, downright scary and because sw has plenty of experience fighting fires cuz his dad worked for the forest service in Idaho, I've kept up the courage to fight the darn things and to trust his judgment when things are looking bad. Our prayers and thoughts are with you, hope the wind is NOT blowing in your direction.

Here's hoping the best for you. Certainly a scary situation.

Last night we saw lightening off toward Miles City (yes, lightening in February!!!) and this morning woke up to rain and some slushy snow falling. Muddy as all get out around here...

we will be praying for the same for you and all the folks impacted by the fire!!!

nemrancher you are in our thoughts and prayers. Went through texas during their fire and that was scary enough. I cant imagian living right there. I hope everything will be safe and yall will be fine.

psssttttt ya might wanna get rid of your avatar .... :shock: :eek: :wink:

What is the status of the fire today nemrancher. I tried finding something in the news ?????????

At the moment it is 90% contained all though I think it is pretty much out, not much smoke today. It has burned 12 to 15 thousand acres. NO houses were lost, right now the only structure lost is being called a small barn by some and a shed by the media. The cause remains under investigation, at first the report was that a downed power line was the cause. Now the local coop is saying no that it did not have a power line down at anytime, that its people had found a rats nest in a breaker box on the destoryed shed/barn and that is likey the cause. Everything was very touch and go for a while yesterday, the wind kept shifting directions and gave the 100+ firefighters a hard time. This was close enough to be very worrysome for us but far enough away that we were not to concerned about it getting to our place. Thankfully I-25 and the Canadian river are between our place and the fire. Still we know several people that were in the path of the fire and spent a couple hours making phone calls traking them down and offering to take their animals in until things settled down.

Let's just hope that everyone doesn't get any wind now and blow the dirt around.....................A rain would work.

Latest posts