• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

not a Yellowstone watcher or 1923

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy

Reaction score
Watched Yellowstone till the wrist deep calf pull, then the calf got up and ran off. Saw a post on FB of 1923 and a loading chute in the corral. caption was "Why the hell is there a loading chute in 1923? They didn't have bull racks back then. Taylor Sheridan needs a better technical advisor."

We like 1923, loading chute or no. I hadn't noticed there was a loading chute til Tex pointed it out on FB.
We don't watch Yellowstone for the same reason Jody mentioned and we didn't care for 1883 either after watching a couple of episodes.
Someone should tell Taylor Sheridan people didn't talk like that back in the day. It's a real turn off, to us anyway.

I didn't make it past that "calf pulling" scene in the original Yellowstone either! Folks tell me that this year's episodes do educate the public about some of the challenges that modern ranching faces but I just can't get the taste out of my mouth that that first episode left! We have watched 1883 and are following 1923. I cringe at the graphic violence and language! My parents and a lot of old friends were from that 1923 era. Some had a very "colorful" vocabulary but I never heard them resort to the "F word". Their vocabulary was way more creative and imaginative than that! Most lived by the code that neighbors help neighbors and you always extend hospitality to guests. A man's word and a handshake was a legally binding contract back then! My grandfather kept his herd together through the dust bowl by haying tumbleweeds for forage. There were large cattle and sheep ranches and homesteads close by, but folks got along and helped each other out for the most part.

I didn't make it past that "calf pulling" scene in the original Yellowstone either! Folks tell me that this year's episodes do educate the public about some of the challenges that modern ranching faces but I just can't get the taste out of my mouth that that first episode left! We have watched 1883 and are following 1923. I cringe at the graphic violence and language! My parents and a lot of old friends were from that 1923 era. Some had a very "colorful" vocabulary but I never heard them resort to the "F word". Their vocabulary was way more creative and imaginative than that! Most lived by the code that neighbors help neighbors and you always extend hospitality to guests. A man's word and a handshake was a legally binding contract back then! My grandfather kept his herd together through the dust bowl by haying tumbleweeds for forage. There were large cattle and sheep ranches and homesteads close by, but folks got along and helped each other out for the most part.
If they wanna educate the public on ranching challenges - they should look at Biden's 30x30 land grab to confiscate 30% more land & water by regulating & taxing ranchers into financial hardship - so they'll be forced to sell - or 'volunteer' - their land into 'con'servation areas..

- Then read the grazing laws set by congress that grandfathered grazing & water rights - so they can see the abuse of power govt did in the past to the Hages, Hammonds, Bundys, Filipinis & Finicum, etc - that the govt is now doing to every citizen in the rest of the country.

Regarding the F word...
It was used lots by the "in" kids.. Maybe that's why I never fitted in! I still hate hearing it. The same thing with referring to your wife as "the old lady". I consider it very degrading.
Call me old fashioned if you want to.

Regarding the F word...
It was used lots by the "in" kids.. Maybe that's why I never fitted in! I still hate hearing it. The same thing with referring to your wife as "the old lady". I consider it very degrading.
Call me old fashioned if you want to.
Not me. I'd call you respectful.
Something that is lost on the youth of today (and maybe their parents.)

When my kid came home from kindergarten I asked him what he learned today. He said the m word. I said what is the m word. He said mother f!!!er.
This was nothing compared to what they teach later. Basically everything we think is right is wrong. Everything wrong in the world is because of people like me.
All about how when they turn 13 they can have whatever kind of sex they want weigh whoever they want and parents are powerless.
How they can report their parents for abuse and even if the parents are covered in bruises and bite marks and no mark on teenager the dirty RCMP will throw parents in jail for the day while the confiscate all the legally owned guns in the house.
Insane and unbelievable right?
I sound like a but for saying this but its the truth and people dont realize it.
I regret ever having kids and if I could do it all over I would home school my kids in middle of nowhere and have no contact with outside world.
Oh and dont forget the schools are just completely full of drugs.

I think all these shows are ridiculous in every way possible. Not just the technical problems but it gives people wrong image or idea about ag people and industry
...giving people the wrong image or idea about ag people is intentional - so there'll be no outrage over the atrocities of govt overreach towards farmers & ranchers - to influence voters & sway consumers against farmers & the water & land they use to grow food. Farmers & ranchers slandered out of business while urban developers snatch up the farmland at a rate of 1.5 million acres per year.

And we are paying the teachers with our taxpayer dollars.
Yeah and the local teachers standard reply is its out of our hands and all that they teach is decided by Edmonton. Well I can't vote for Edmonton and its not right but thats politics.Our money goes to the capital and a portion of it comes back with them telling us how to spend it.
Plus the universities are a bunch of liberals who would weed out any normal people who would even try to become a teacher.
You tho non the classroom and despite all the books and sponsorship by oil and gas plus half the parents work in the industry those liberal pukes in there brainwashing the kids about how bad our industry is and trying to turn them into gay vegitatarian weirdos who only skills would be to work for the government

...giving people the wrong image or idea about ag people is intentional - so there'll be no outrage over the atrocities of govt overreach towards farmers & ranchers - to influence voters & sway consumers against farmers & the water & land they use to grow food. Farmers & ranchers slandered out of business while urban developers snatch up the farmland at a rate of

...giving people the wrong image or idea about ag people is intentional - so there'll be no outrage over the atrocities of govt overreach towards farmers & ranchers - to influence voters & sway consumers against farmers & the water & land they use to grow food. Farmers & ranchers slandered out of business while urban developers snatch up the farmland at a rate of 1.5 million acres per year.
In Alberta Canada,in high school they were showing pictures of American deep south during segragation and basically nasty pictures of people being hung ,beaten ,etc and leading the kids to believe these were Canadian pictures and this stuff was our history. They are or where pushing for special rights,privileges for basically everybody as long as they dont look like me or speak French or something

Latest posts