• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

NOT GONNA MAKE DEADWOOD!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

ranchwife

Reaction score
good morning, all!!! Got some bad news from the workplace yesterday....besides having a mandatory staff meeting on the 1st, I was "informed" that due to budget restraints, I will be the lucky recipient of a $2 an hour paycut effective immediately....that means no trip to deadwood...no trip to North Dakota to see the ailing dad!!!! :( The hubby is hopping mad...they can pay temporary/travel nurses $45 and hour, but they cut my pay back to $13 an hour!!! So, now the belt is not just tightened, it is now suffocating!! I was soooo looking forward to finally getting to meet you all face-to-face...so many interesting people with so many diverse personalities!!! PLEASE...PLEASE..PLEASE...SOMEONE TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES AND POST THEM FOR ME SO THAT I CAN KNOW WHAT I MISSED!!! To all who can and will make the trip, have one on me!! :wink: :wink:

No fair!! :mad: You were supposed to get yourself over here no matter what. :mad:

Dear Ranchwife, Guess it's just you and me hear on ranchers net tommorrow... Guess will just have to talk about everyone else since their having fun at Deadwood and can't defend themselves........ :lol: :D

Sounds good Jersey.....whats diesel over there? Its amazing how fuel is so high in Texas and its made right here!!!! That don't make any sense. I talked to a guy that owned a fairly big truck stop outside of El Paso, and he said it cost him $2.55 just to get the fuel to the pump...and he said it is made exactly 2 miles from his station!!! Thats insane!!

Plus, diesel is a derivative and should be cheaper since its cheaper to make.....its CRAZY!!!

Jersey....have you had any trouble with the Chupacabra's over in your neck of the woods? haha :wink: :roll: :shock: :lol:

Uh I says pardon...Do I offend thee ? :wink: I'll still be around in cyber land. As I can't make it to the get together either. Can I join in the chattin too.

I haven't been to a station since sunday and gas was 2.41. Last deisel price I seen was 2.46 I think.
Never seen or heard of one of them critters TXTibbs. n I don't wanna!!!!

Jessie..sure ya can join in...

It looks as tho I definitely will not make Deadwood- threw in a couple pictures so you know who we are if you haven't already got it off the website....
Dick.jpg

Back in the days when I was packing a star nights- chasing cows and horses in the daytime....This was my campaign picture when I ran for Sheriff.

File0001.jpg

A clipping of a newspaper interview from a few years ago- life history is there :lol:

DickandBobbie.jpg

Bobbie and Dick in the back yard of the home ranch last year.....

Sure be nice to see everyone that could post a picture or a little about themselves....Even if we argue- it makes the arguing a little friendlier :wink:

sw said:
No fair!! :mad: You were supposed to get yourself over here no matter what. :mad:

I know!!! :cry: The worst part came when i had to call my dad in North Dakota and tell him that i would not be coming this month....if the good lord is willing and the weather holds out, then maybe i can make the trip in October!!!! He sounded absolutely heartbroken, but said "i have raised a family and i understand how things can change in the blink of an eye"...god bless him for trying to be so understanding...even when i know that his heart was breaking as well as mine!! Found out today that the hospital has approved raises for the nurses.....effective the first of October...lotta good that will do me now!!! :roll: I guess they realized that spending $23000 a month on travelling nurses was killing our little hospital!! Gee...imagine!! :shock:

katrina said:
Dear Ranchwife, Guess it's just you and me hear on ranchers net tommorrow... Guess will just have to talk about everyone else since their having fun at Deadwood and can't defend themselves........ :lol: :D

Katrina---looks like it will be you, me, TxTibbs, jessie, Lilly and our canadian buddies!!!! Just hope the deadwood bunch remember their cameras so they can share the memories!!! :?

reader (the Second) said:
ranchwife said:
katrina said:

Katrina---looks like it will be you, me, TxTibbs, jessie, Lilly and our canadian buddies!!!! Just hope the deadwood bunch remember their cameras so they can share the memories!!! :?

And the former Texan, former dairytown city slicker, R2. I have taken too many vacations in the past 18 months...

looking forward to catching up with you, too, R2!!!! :)

Went through Kadoka this way early AM, before 3:00, diesel was $2.53. Came back through this afternoon and it had jumped to $2.759. :???:

Aaawwwww, Ranchwife! I have things in my garden with your name on them!! Guess I'll have to catch you later!! I'm soooo sorry about your pay cut, but did you mention an increase in October? Will that offset your cut?? We'll miss all you guys at Deadwood, we have cameras and will take tons of pics, so for the next month on Rancher's.net will be nothing but all our pics and all our interpretations on how things went!! I will only be staying for a few hours, we are kinda busy this time of year. Doc Harris and Ruthie, wish you could have made it, I am soooo glad we stopped by on the way back home from Denver to meet and visit with you!!!! Katrina, I sure hope your dad comes out of surgery o.k., FH, I guess I said what I could on your announcement about your dad's death. Hope to see you there as your dad would applaud.
All you guys left on this forum for the rest of the week, well, we'll know what YOU'VE been talking about!! :wink: :wink:

Oldtimer said:
It looks as tho I definitely will not make Deadwood- threw in a couple pictures so you know who we are if you haven't already got it off the website....
Dick.jpg

Back in the days when I was packing a star nights- chasing cows and horses in the daytime....This was my campaign picture when I ran for Sheriff.

File0001.jpg

A clipping of a newspaper interview from a few years ago- life history is there :lol:

DickandBobbie.jpg

Bobbie and Dick in the back yard of the home ranch last year.....

Sure be nice to see everyone that could post a picture or a little about themselves....Even if we argue- it makes the arguing a little friendlier :wink:

A Shania fan are ya?
Your picture reminds me of the movies with that uniform on.

This is nr using hubby's computer in Custer South Dakota WHERE WE ARRIVED THIS EVENING AND JUST READ THIS THREAD and feeling so unhappy that both KATRINA AND RANCHERSWIFE CAN'T MAKE IT TO DEADWOOD :x :x :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: SOMETIMES THINGS JUST DON'T WORK AS WE'D HOPED AND THIS IS ONE OF THOSE DISAPPOINTING TIMES.
WE'LL TAKE PICTURES BUT IT JUST WON'T BE SO MUCH FUN WITHOUT YOU FOLKS.

Hanta Yo said:
Aaawwwww, Ranchwife! I have things in my garden with your name on them!! Guess I'll have to catch you later!! I'm soooo sorry about your pay cut, but did you mention an increase in October? Will that offset your cut?? We'll miss all you guys at Deadwood, we have cameras and will take tons of pics, so for the next month on Rancher's.net will be nothing but all our pics and all our interpretations on how things went!! I will only be staying for a few hours, we are kinda busy this time of year. Doc Harris and Ruthie, wish you could have made it, I am soooo glad we stopped by on the way back home from Denver to meet and visit with you!!!! Katrina, I sure hope your dad comes out of surgery o.k., FH, I guess I said what I could on your announcement about your dad's death. Hope to see you there as your dad would applaud.
All you guys left on this forum for the rest of the week, well, we'll know what YOU'VE been talking about!! :wink: :wink:

hanta yo---we are lucky enough to do "self-scheduling" at the hospital and I have scheduled myself off for the first week in october....now, i know you will probably be neck deep in calves, but am planning on taking a few days with the kids in billings and would love to head up your way and see you and your wonderful family!!! :D

Oldtimer, I read your request for us folks to post a picture. I am waiting for rancher to post his first. I figure it will either be a picture of Wilson on Tool Time, or maybe he would put up one of Clint Eastwood or Tom Selleck. lol. :p :p

Latest posts