• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Not many pictures for today

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
We saddled up and trailed some pairs for about five miles to get with our selling steers. Sorted and shaped up our loads. Seemed to be kind of busy, and I nearly forgot to take any photos. Here are a few:

Theclassclown.jpg

The class clown
DoesnttakemuchtoimpressMom.jpg

Doesn't take too much to impress Mom
Tallsononatallhorse.jpg

Tall son on a tall horse
Puttingpairsonfreshmeadowaftergrass.jpg

Putting cow/calf pairs on fresh meadow aftergrass
Thecrewminusyouknowwho.jpg

The crew, minus you-know-who

How are then new rides working out for ya? If they arn't what you are after, I'd make the trip to take them off your hands. :lol:

cert said:
How are them new rides working out for ya? If they aren't what you are after, I'd make the trip to take them off your hands. :lol:

The new horses are working out real well. Today, I rode the seven-year-old dun this morning and hauled along the four-year-old "roached" grey to ride this afternoon. Both horses are good ones--a bit green on the cattle sorting, but they are both picking it up real well. The paint is also a very nice horse, though he seems to be a bit "cinchy" in the barn. If he is saddled up outside, he doesn't mind as much. It's the happiest I've ever been returning from a horse sale with new stock. :)

Sounds like I'm gonna have to find one by my self hu?

thats impressive. I trail ride a little bit but move my cows with a bucket. LOL I always enjoy seeing you real cowpeople doing it!

Really enjoy the pictures Soapweed. How's the football team doing this year? Is it 9 man?

you can not beat 8 man football. the speed and power are crazy!
what school is it Soapweed, I will have to watch the score for them friday night. Too bad all the stations cover Lincoln so heavy....they are missing the real football games!

our 8 man team is undefeated so far. looks like we should get into at least bi-district play, and perhaps State play offs. Kansas runs it a bit different, since we have so many 8 man schools.

while on the topic......how 'bout them Red Raiders!! Being a life long Kansas State fan, I love to see the Big Red bleed!

Our son is a juniour at Cody-Kilgore. They played Mullen last Friday, which was a game they knew would be a major one. Right before half-time things looked good, with the score at 14-14. In the last few seconds of the first half, Mullen intersepted a pass and made another touchdown, and made their two-point conversion. It was all downhill from there. Cody-Kilgore didn't get any more points the second half, and the final score was Mullen 34-Cody-Kilgore 14. And that is the way that the cookie doth crumbleth. :? :???: :shock:

Jigs.......
GO HUSKERS!!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWW :clap: :clap: :clap:

You know why the huskers lost yesterday don't ya??????????????

Didn't have enough money to bail them all out of jail... :p :p :p

Jigs I used to respect your opinion; and apparently mistakenly thought you had some positive things to offer the group.
If you watched the game at all you saw the floor plan for the Big Red's blowout of either Kansas team this year.
Yeah, I might be kidding, but time will tell?

I listened to some of the game as I picked corn, but honestly, Texas Tech had the luck that Nebraska usually gets to win like they did. I could think of several games where NU was beat, and a fluke at the end gave them a win.

yes, Nebraska has me worried, I have no doubt that my Wildcats can stop that offense, the problem is, KSU has one of the crappiest offenses in the nation.

NU won the game, scoreboard was just not in thier favor.

what were the stats? 470 passing and 65 rushing??? now that is not Nebraska football!!!

Your absolutely right, we're having quite the adjustment period here in Huskerland. However we did have two running backs for a couple plays on Saturday, so maybe this "New West" thing is coming around. Another interesting thing to me is since our offense has begun to improve, a fair chunk of those pass yards have been completed to a running back.
It looks to be another exciting year in the Big 12 North.
Bet harvest is on hold for a while, how much rain where you're at? We've had 1.25" to better than 1.50" so far since Sun. afternoon, pulling those beet trucks sure was fun,NOT.

Latest posts