• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Not quite the birthday we hoped for.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
Mom was home alone for a couple hours this afternoon. That doesn't usually happen but it did and she fell resulting in a broken hip. I was the first home with a load of straw. She had made it to her chair but was in lots of pain. I got the ambulance on the way and Dad got home before it let so he rode along. Tam was coming home past the town with the hospital so she stopped and is bringing Dad home. Guess it's surgery for a pin . She had been having a pretty good summer shame for this to happen. :(

Tough luck Big Muddy...My 87 year old uncle who lives alone took a pretty good fall the other day too- but luckily only bumps and bruises...I always worry about him breaking something...

Wishing her the best and for a fast recovery.....

sorry to hear that........but since she had you, she's got to be a tough ole gal & will be good in no time :wink:
best wishes for her speedy recovery......................

Hooks said:
sorry to hear that........but since she had you, she's got to be a tough ole gal & will be good in no time :wink:
best wishes for her speedy recovery......................

She's tough alright. :) Even the ambulance driver commented on how much pain she must be in and handled the trip over our rough highways.

At least she didn't have to go in the back of a old army power wagon like Dad did in the spring of '52. He had a horse fall and broke his leg. He sent the horse home and they went looking for him when the horse showed up.

wishing her well BMR, I went thru that with my mother many years ago. Hard to see her in pain. I bet she is tuff and will pull out with a smile.

Latest posts