• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

not quiting but!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Econ101 said:
Anyone with a sense of history know that so called "Christians" can and have done just as bad as the terrorists. You only have to look at Hitler.

You can not separate people into just Christian or Muslim. There are radicals on both sides. It just depends on what side convinced most of the people that their view of the world and subsequent persecution which allowed them to dominate through fear prevailed.

People who are ruled with fear allow fearful things to happen.

I wonder how God views this.

Did Hitler do what he did in the Name of God, because it was written in the bible that he kill all Jews? Or was he just a proclaimed Christian? That got the repulsive support of the Christian leaders of Germany? I had never heard that Hitler Was on a religious Mission from God, but I am no Hitler buff either.

Hitler's Christianity

Some people say Adolf Hitler was an atheist. They blame atheism for Hitler's philosophy. But the historical record shows that Hitler believed in God and was convinced he was carrying out God's will.

Hitler served as an altar boy in the Catholic Church. Growing up in this environment, he surely learned something of the centuries of discrimination and persecution the Church had supported against Jews in Europe.

Former Jesuit theologian Peter de Rosa describes the groundwork Catholic theology laid for Hitler and the Nazis: "[Catholicism's] disastrous theology had prepared the way for Hitler and his 'final solution.' [The Church published] over a hundred anti-Semitic documents. Not one conciliar decree, not one papal encyclical, bull, or pastoral directive suggest that Jesus' command, 'love your neighbor as yourself,' applied to Jews."

Not surprisingly, then, Hitler wrote in his book, Mein Kampf: ". . . I am convinced that I am acting as the agent of our Creator. By fighting off the Jews, I am doing the Lord's work." He made essentially the same claim in a speech before the Reichstag in 1938.

Hitler considered himself a Catholic until the day he died. In 1941 he told Gerhard Engel, one of his generals: "I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so." In fact, Hitler was never excommunicated from the Catholic Church, and Mein Kampf was not placed on the Church's Index of Forbidden Books.

Hitler's biographer John Toland explains Catholicism's influence on the Holocaust. He says of Hitler: "Still a member in good standing of the Church of Rome despite detestation of its hierarchy, he carried within him its teaching that the Jew was the killer of god. The extermination, therefore, could be done without a twinge of conscience since he was merely acting as the avenging hand of god. . .."

Even after World War II, Catholic assistance to the Nazis continued. The Vatican aided the escape of more Nazis than any other governmental or private organization.

The Protestant influence on Nazi Germany was no better, because Hitler is said to have admired the founder of Protestantism, Martin Luther, more than any other German. Among Luther's many denunciations of the Jews, there are such religious sentiments as: "The Jews deserve to be hanged on gallows seven times higher than ordinary thieves," and "We ought to take revenge on the Jews and kill them."

When Hitler was asked in 1933 what he planned to do about the Jews, he said he would do what Christians had been preaching for centuries. And the Nazis carried out their first large-scale pogrom of Jews in honor of Luther's birthday.

Christians constituted a wellspring of support for Hitler. Steve Allen notes that in the 1930s, Nazi Germany "was the most church-affiliated nation in Europe. The German people were almost entirely Catholic and Lutheran. Despite such factors they launched the Holocaust and World War II." Charles Kimball likewise says the Holocaust "would not have happened without the active participation of, sympathetic support of, and relative indifference exhibited by large numbers of Christians."

Also in pre-World War II Germany, corporal punishment was used in the schools and schoolchildren were required to start their days with prayer. Today's advocates of spanking and school prayer should consider that those practices, although supported by religion, proved ineffective in promoting high ethical standards and good behavior among German youth.

Further, Nazi Germany's soldiers wore belt buckles inscribed "Gott mit uns" ("God is with us"). This slogan sounds eerily similar to Ohio's present motto, "With God, all things are possible."

Like many tyrants both past and present, Hitler used the mantle of religion to justify and further his selfish, hateful, and destructive philosophy. By conditioning people to blindly accept the pronouncements of authorities, instead of teaching them to think for themselves, religions often make it easy for such evil dictators and demagogues to succeed.

Here is a site with many of Hitlers Christian preachings in his speechs:

www.nobeliefs.com/speeches.htm

Another group that were tortured, condemned, and killed- many by burning at the stake were the Knights Templar- after the Pope accused them of heresy in the 1300's......

Religion has been used by people who claim to do God's work but in fact are working for the themselves. Some people are so easily manipulated, even when they call themselves "Christian" or "Muslim" as if they could have the corner on God.

I wonder what he thinks about it.

Also the Shinto religion of Japan during World War II time period believed the Emporor of Japan was of divine origin and a God....The suicidal "banzai" and "Kamikaze" attacks were done so in the name of the emporor/God with the belief dying for the emporor/God meant an "eternal life".....Pilots used to carry gifts to present to their dead relatives upon reaching eternity (Heaven).....

Mac Arthur made Emporor Hirohito renounce his/the emporors divinity after Japans surrender.....

Econ101 said:
Anyone with a sense of history know that so called "Christians" can and have done just as bad as the terrorists. You only have to look at Hitler.

You can not separate people into just Christian or Muslim. There are radicals on both sides. It just depends on what side convinced most of the people that their view of the world and subsequent persecution which allowed them to dominate through fear prevailed.

People who are ruled with fear allow fearful things to happen.

I wonder how God views this.

Lots of bad things done in History in the name of Religion. Christians had the Dark Ages and now the Muslims have the 21st Century.

I am not going to make excuses for the Muslims based on the fact that the Christians did things back in a time when they that the World Was Flat.

We live today and today the Muslim Religion is chiseling in stone a legacy of such evil things as was done in the Dark Ages.

And just like in the Dark Ages the Christians and the Countries that sponsored them had to be stopped. Now is a time to stop the Muslims and the Countries that sponsor them. Or we will all be living in the Dark Ages again.

And I know God does not approve of any of it being done in his name past or present.

a lot of names on there that I miss.... reader is not one of them...

Whatever happened to Ally? Did she get better and ride off into the sunset, or did she die? Or does she just smell that way?

Big Muddy rancher said:
Whitewing said:
Whatever happened to Ally? Did she get better and ride off into the sunset, or did she die? Or does she just smell that way?

Maybe she's the one that roped the antelope and got drug to death. :D

Hmmmm, is there something to the Ally story that I'm missing? :???: :???: :???:

Whitewing said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Whitewing said:

Kola and Jingo both knew someone that roped a antelope. :?

Just saying. :D

Big Muddy rancher said:
Whitewing said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

Kola and Jingo both knew someone that roped a antelope. :?

Just saying. :D

I heard those 2 were also eachother's date for the prom. :wink:

Larrry said:
When she came bak as jingo she said here name was George W Jingo.

At least it wasnt Barak Hussein Jingo

and "jingo" is most likely a derogatory reference toi GW

Jingoism is extreme patriotism in the form of aggressive foreign policy.[1] In practice, it is a country's advocation of the use of threats or actual force against other countries in order to safeguard what it perceives as its national interests. Colloquially, it refers to excessive bias in judging one's own country as superior to others—an extreme type of nationalism.

Latest posts