• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

November 13, 2011

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Trailingcowstoleftoversummerpasture800x600.jpg

Trailing cows back to leftover summer pasture
Coldcowgirls800x600.jpg

Cold cowgirls
Convergingontheflat800x600.jpg

Converging on the flat
Hopeitwillbeawhile800x600.jpg

Hope it will be awhile before we have to start feeding that hay.
Herdonthemove800x600.jpg

Herd on the move
Yellowstoneobserving800x600.jpg

Yellowstone observing the goings on
Checkingmeout800x600.jpg

Yellowstone observing me
HopeIdontgetkicked800x600.jpg

Hope I don't get kicked.
Takingpictures800x600.jpg

Taking pictures
Whileeveryoneelseworks800x600.jpg

While everyone else does the work
Cowsthatworkforaliving800x600.jpg

Cows that work for a living
Adrink800x600.jpg

A drink
Ofthegoodstuff800x600.jpg

Of the good stuff
Cattlecomingmyway800x600.jpg

Cattle coming my way
Goingthroughthegate800x600.jpg

Going through the gate
KosmoKidinthedistance800x600.jpg

Kosmo Kid in the distance
KosmoKidupclose800x600.jpg

Kosmo Kid up close
KosmoKidandPeach800x600.jpg

Kosmo Kid and Peach
Kickingupdust800x600.jpg

Kicking up dust
Thedayisdone800x600.jpg

The day is done.

Big Muddy rancher said:
It looked a little fresh out there. :D

Or as a buddy of mine once quipped after a miserable, sub-freezing deer hunt in S. Louisiana, "did you notice that nip in the air this morning?" :lol:

Soap, some really nice pics.....interesting and creative framing on some of those shots.

Soapweed,hi,

Great photos. I was wondering today what you would be doing at at the ranch Hope the snow stayes away from you for a while.
We are having a dryer than normal time here and there are some stock still out on the fields. Usually it best to have them inside as the fields would be sodden.

4Diamond said:
Soap do you ever feel like you have the world by the tail?

Yes, I am a pretty fortunate fellow. The smartest thing I ever did was to marry a fine Christian lady. She is a very multi-talented person,
and she's the absolute best cowhand and ranchhand I've ever had the privilege to work with. She has taught our kids well, and I've had
over 32 years to ride along on her coattails enjoying life. Sometimes ranching can be a bit stressful, but we try to keep these times at
a minimum. We give God the glory, and when things don't go well, we turn our troubles over to Him. His shoulders are a lot broader,
and He is a lot tougher than we are. :)

NUFFIELD said:
Soapweed,hi,

Great photos. I was wondering today what you would be doing at at the ranch Hope the snow stayes away from you for a while.
We are having a dryer than normal time here and there are some stock still out on the fields. Usually it best to have them inside as the fields would be sodden.

Hi NUFFIELD, This morning I have been caking calves and checking cattle, and I'll do similar activities this afternoon. Our weather has been very nice
this week. As I type this at 1:15 in the afternoon, the thermometer reads 65 degrees with an eleven mile per hour breeze. It's sunny and beautiful outside.
Most of our cattle are still grazing full time, so as of yet the hay pile is mostly untouched. There is plenty of winter ahead, and the hay will surely get used.

You probably don't celebrate Thanksgiving in England, but have a happy week ahead.

Glad your having a good time Soapweed. Its 21.30 here in Ireland and we have the stove on enjoying the heat.
Heard today a friend got 2000 euro for a bull for killing. Thats around $2600. !!!! Some price. Never seen it before . Bull beef has a market in Europe.
Happy thanksgiving to you and your family. Christmas is our big family time.
Regards.

love the photos Soapweed, that is a great response to 4diamond. that looks like good fall/winter weather for moving cattle, we have had over 3 in. of rain the last two days here in western Oregon and everything is turning to mud.

As always, I enjoy your postings here Soapweed. Thank you for sharing your testimony from time to time as well. What a blessing to be in the hands of a faithful and sovereign God all the time. We are so blessed :D

Soapweed said:
4Diamond said:
Soap do you ever feel like you have the world by the tail?

Yes, I am a pretty fortunate fellow. The smartest thing I ever did was to marry a fine Christian lady. She is a very multi-talented person,
and she's the absolute best cowhand and ranchhand I've ever had the privilege to work with. She has taught our kids well, and I've had
over 32 years to ride along on her coattails enjoying life. Sometimes ranching can be a bit stressful, but we try to keep these times at
a minimum. We give God the glory, and when things don't go well, we turn our troubles over to Him. His shoulders are a lot broader,
and He is a lot tougher than we are. :)

Spoken like a true man. Glad to know good people exist in this world. Keep the pictures and words of wisdom coming.

Latest posts