• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

November 2015

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Calico%20cat_zps1zyuiohp.jpg

Calico cat

One%20is%20rather%20exciting.%20%20A%20whole%20herd%20would%20be%20disaster._zpsn7llp1yy.jpg

Small bull elk on our meadow

Nancy_zps2bmbz34f.jpg

Nancy

Rex_zpsxotfhq6u.jpg

Rex

They%20had%20just%20arrived%20home%20after%20trailing%20cows%20several%20miles%20home%20from%20summer%20pasture_zpshueitdzw.jpg

They had just arrived back at their ranch from trailing cows several miles home from summer pasture.

A%20calf%20I%20am%20entering%20in%20the%20carcass%20contest_zpsrwljqn7y.jpg

A heifer calf I am entering in the Sandhills Cattle Associaton carcass contest, chosen because she is big and growthy and has a white belly.

Gee%20whillikers_zpsdlht64nz.jpg

Gee whilikers!

My%20grandson%20was%20trying%20to%20scare%20me_zpsnivzkb7u.jpg

My grandson was trying to scare me.

These%20grandsons%20dont%20look%20quite%20so%20spooky_zpsn2j3ahvv.jpg

These grandsons don't look quite so scary, but they do look scarily alike.

Trailing%20cows%20in%20to%20preg%20check_zpsypl1wsfr.jpg

Trailing cows into the corrals to preg check

Takibg%20them%20back%20to%20fall%20pasture_zpsfmptysez.jpg

Taking them back to a pasture where they can fall graze for awhile

Grandkids%20having%20fun_zpswyhgpsyy.jpg

Grandkids having fun

A%20Queen%20and%20a%20pair%20of%20Jokers_zpsha9he90n.jpg

A Queen and a pair of Jokers

Hot%20tubbing%20on%20a%20snowy%20day_zpsd29yugga.jpg

Hot tubbing on a snowy day

Racial%20tensions%20seem%20minimal_zpstcjxu3dd.jpg

Racial tensions seem minimal.

No%20worries%20mate_zpsdw1nmb92.jpg

No worries, mate.

Yearling%20heifers%20spent%20the%20summer%20%20close%20to%20the%20Niobrara%20River_zpsfwfrrtiw.jpg

Yearling heifers spent the summer close to the Niobrara River.

Heading%20them%20to%20the%20top_zps0whsym0t.jpg

Heading them up off the river bottom

Its%20a%20pretty%20good%20pull_zpsvh2jdiix.jpg

It's a pretty good pull.

Steep%20country_zpsayxsca6q.jpg

Steep country

But%20they%20are%20getting%20closer_zpso03emn3a.jpg

But they are getting closer.

But%20they%20are%20finally%20lined%20out%20and%20on%20the%20move_zpsiwbxsslt.jpg

Strung out and headed for home

A%20neighbors%20horses%20on%20the%20skyline_zpsmzymqfnq.jpg

A neighbor's horses on the skyline

On%20the%20move_zpsscbscvgy.jpg

On the move

Soap thank you so much for the pictures of the kids and cattle. I hope you all have a wonderful new-year!

Things look good thanks for taking the time to post these photo's as I know that takes some time. Heifers look really good.

:D Always great to see what's happening at the Spearhead :D

Soap I was wondering, Is the Spearhead still going forward or did Kosmo change direction? :wink: :wink: :D :cowboy:

Big Muddy rancher said:
:D Always great to see what's happening at the Spearhead :D

Soap I was wondering, Is the Spearhead still going forward or did Kosmo change direction? :wink: :wink: :D :cowboy:

The Kosmo Kid has really taken hold, and is pretty much running the outfit. He has a good man, Jesse Hare, who has helped him for almost two years. They have put in quite a bit of new windbreak and continuous fence, and are making things look nice. A lot more of this could stand to be done, but just doing necessary cattle work and feeding takes up most of our time. My sister rides around with me to open gates and cut netwrap, but we are still rather vital components to keeping things going also. Everyone still seems to stay pretty busy, especially Grandma with five grandkids a lot of the time.

I had no doubt thing would be running well, just wondered if the Spear was point UP instead of just forward. :D :D

But then how would the cows behind the leaders know which way to go. :lol:

All the best to your outfit from ours in the New Year. :D :D

Big Muddy rancher said:
I had no doubt thing would be running well, just wondered if the Spear was point UP instead of just forward. :D :D

But then how would the cows behind the leaders know which way to go. :lol:

All the best to your outfit from ours in the New Year. :D :D

If the arrow is forward or up, that is good. We just don't want it to point down or backwards. :cboy: :)

Faster horses said:
Everything looks great, Soap! Did you sell some of those heifers as bred? They sure look nice.Some really good shots there.

Happy New Year to you all!

We did sell some bred heifers on November 2nd at Valentine Livestock, and some private treaty a couple weeks ago.

Latest posts