• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

November Bermuda

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Whitewing

Reaction score
Sorry for the low-light conditions....I took these shots late in the day.

While my production numbers have dropped way off due to lower rainfalls (we're soon to enter "summer"), my grass still looks pretty good to me.

100_3700.jpg

100_3694.jpg

100_3697.jpg

Here are a couple of shots showing young bermuda versus much older material. I'm slowly teaching my buyers the difference.....for the bales of young, tender stuff, there will be price increases in their futures. :p

100_3698.jpg

100_3705.jpg

Do you now what strain of Bermuda you have growing there? It looks similar to the improved native strain I used to grow, which was exported from a government research station to the Carribean. Do you have access to Kikuyu grass? it is another worthwhile pasture grass which blends well with white clovers.

andybob said:
Do you now what strain of Bermuda you have growing there? It looks similar to the improved native strain I used to grow, which was exported from a government research station to the Carribean. Do you have access to Kikuyu grass? it is another worthwhile pasture grass which blends well with white clovers.

AB, all I think I'm sure of ( :D ) is that I've got some sort of hybrid. I wish someone could tell me exactly what it is because I've had a number of folks ask and I can't answer them. :?

Kikuyu grass? Not sure if it has been introduced here, but I'll be googling it shortly.

Looks like common bermuda.

Doesn't look like an improved hybrid that I've ever seen.

Not that there is anything wrong with common...................

Latest posts