• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Now stay there dammit!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Cal

Reaction score
This is probably too simple of an idea to post, but WTH. If you've got a little calf that you want to stay put, like in the back of the pickup--or not cause a fuss if you throw him in the cab, take a nylon tie and put it around his back legs and front too if need be. Only takes about 5 seconds to put one on. For little angus calves the 12" ties seem to be long enough and can always lock 2 ties together.

Cal said:
This is probably too simple of an idea to post, but WTH. If you've got a little calf that you want to stay put, like in the back of the pickup--or not cause a fuss if you throw him in the cab, take a nylon tie and put it around his back legs and front too if need be. Only takes about 5 seconds to put one on. For little angus calves the 12" ties seem to be long enough and can always lock 2 ties together.

Say Cal, if you can tie a calf in five seconds, you should enter the tie-down roping. :wink:

Cal said:

I thought I was the only one that used those-- came from the old law enforcement days using them as insta-cuffs...Comical if you buy them from the hardware store they're about $.02 a piece- buy the same from the law enforcement catalog and they charged $1.00 a piece...

Soapweed said:
Cal said:

Say Cal, if you can tie a calf in five seconds, you should enter the tie-down roping. :wink:
Yeah, I'll run 'em down with a 4 wheeler and slap a nylon tie on 'em, should be a real crowd pleaser. :lol:

Cal said:
Soapweed said:
Cal said:

Yeah, I'll run 'em down with a 4 wheeler and slap a nylon tie on 'em, should be a real crowd pleaser. :lol:

In all seriousness, it would be a fun event to watch. Maybe we should suggest it for the Bennett County Fair. One local gentleman suggested a good competition for the Fair would be to see who could bring in the longest horse weed. That would also be kind of interesting, and everyone would have a good chance of finding the winning entry.

Another handy way is to take a twine string off from a bale and put one hind foot into each end with it doubled and over the top of the neck. Works pretty good for a short stay.

Faster horses said:
We had "The biggest grasshopper contest" a few years ago. Along with that we had "Best Dresser Grasshopper". It was a real hoot, I tell ya. :p

how does a best dressed grasshopper dress anyway?
tiny hat and chaps?

You cannot imagine what all they came up with. How about a Grasshopper Singer as the main attraction, with little grasshoppers sitting in rows as the audience? Grasshoppers with cowboy hats riding toy horses, wish I could remember them all. It was really funny. :lol:

There are turtle races and grasshoper races at our county fair. :lol: What we don't do for entertainment in Nebraska!

Latest posts