• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

NR Was Right!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I Luv Herfrds

Reaction score
Was driving home tonight after spending 3 days in an EMS training course. It was dark and the roads were icy in spots so I was not traveling very fast. I had 2 cattle pots coming towards me and I slowed down. As I continued on another cattle pot was coming towards me with his high beams on. So that was causing me to not be able to see in the left lane so I was looking towards the white line on the right side. He finally dimmed them and that was when I saw them; DEER!
What to do!
Go left and hit the semi?
Go right and possibly hit a power pole?
Go straight and try to stop and hit the deer?

Well Corey I hit the D*MN deer! The impact caused me to slide off into the shoulder. The new tires allowed me to able to slow much quicker.

Damaged the bumper and smashed my plate holder almost into the radiator, but all was ok. Still picking hair out of the plate holder.

He was right. Hit the d*mn deer!

I Luv Herfrds said:
Was driving home tonight after spending 3 days in an EMS training course. It was dark and the roads were icy in spots so I was not traveling very fast. I had 2 cattle pots coming towards me and I slowed down. As I continued on another cattle pot was coming towards me with his high beams on. So that was causing me to not be able to see in the left lane so I was looking towards the white line on the right side. He finally dimmed them and that was when I saw them; DEER!
What to do!
Go left and hit the semi?
Go right and possibly hit a power pole?
Go straight and try to stop and hit the deer?

Well Corey I hit the D*MN deer! The impact caused me to slide off into the shoulder. The new tires allowed me to able to slow much quicker.

Damaged the bumper and smashed my plate holder almost into the radiator, but all was ok. Still picking hair out of the plate holder.

He was right. Hit the d*mn deer!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Glad things turned out okay. Metal can be fixed!!

I have a pretty stout grill gaurd on my f-250 its been the demize of a few deer I normally don't even let off the throttle.

Body guy asked me if I was going to get a good grill guard on it. Told him YES! Said we would need to look at getting another one for the second fire truck too!

If I had had the grill guard I would not have even let off the throttle either.

I Luv Herfrds said:
Body guy asked me if I was going to get a good grill guard on it. Told him YES! Said we would need to look at getting another one for the second fire truck too!

If I had had the grill guard I would not have even let off the throttle either.

www.ranchhand.com

Only reason my wife is alive today is because of one. Head on collision at 60mph, airbags deployed, she walked away with a small bruise by her eye. Totalled her Expedition by breaking the frame. Without the Ranch Hand full replacement bumper on that rig, the engine would have been pushed back right into her lap. The insurance adjuster couldn't believe she walked away. The Ranch Hand wasn't damaged in any way. Sold it to a kid with the same year F150 and it just bolted right on, no problems. He's nailed 3 or 4 deer with it since, with no damage.

No 3words he didn't. I think I may have scared the crap out of him when I hit my light bar switch and those red and white strobe lights started.

loomixguy my son is pushing me to get one of them.

Well he said to hit the deer but did not say anything about the skunk!!! My regular truck now stinks!

Latest posts