• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

nr's motto

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Clarence

Reaction score
"It is not what you say folks remember, it is how you make people feel"

Thanks, nr and Craig, and Macon and Susan. You certainly did just that.

Clarence

I totally agree with that. Clarence, you said that soooo eloquently. Wish I could have visited with you, and ALL of you, we had to go. Maybe next time we can plan to stay longer...depends on the time of year. :cry:
nr and Craig, Macon and Susan (I love your southern accent - it is sooo sweet!) thanks for everything.

Yes, the time passed too quickly! I visited briefly with Clarence, sorry I didn't make it over to your side of the room Hanta Yo! I also really enjoyed sw's video presentation!

YUP, BMR. Glad to have met you and your sweet woman, I guess we'll have to change aliases and really confuse people!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Even though we were late and I was thoroughly embarassed for being late, when I got past that, I felt so at home, with people so much like us, and I am so humbled to have been able to experience that. WOW! I guess that would say it all.

Hanta Yo

John SD said:
Yes, the time passed too quickly! I visited briefly with Clarence, sorry I didn't make it over to your side of the room Hanta Yo! I also really enjoyed sw's video presentation!

John SD, I think that is why we have to have another get together next year or sometime soon so we can pick up where we left off. Thanks for the compliments on my spouse's video. He does have the heart for Cowboy Poetry, I'm glad he's gotten back into it because it's been years since he wrote a poem until this spring :shock: 8) :D :D :D

Guess he found his "niche" in life. :D :D

Oh, BTW, I LOVE your AVATAR!! Makes me laugh every time I see it!! :lol: :D 8)

Hanta Yo

We're hoping Macon can figure out how we can put up some videos from the day. SW's video was absolutely beautiful. If all fails, maybe he'd bring it to the next get-together.

We're still enjoying the Black Hills. What spectacular scenery. Hiked a bit in Spearfish yesterday, tried to get into the fort at Sturgis and couldn't figure out why it was locked up tighter than a drum until it dawned on us it was Labor Day. Our brains are definitely on vacation.

:shock:

nr, so glad you are enjoying our SD sites and scenery!

When anyone mentions Spearfish and hiking, it reminds me of a cousin of my dad, a favorite in the family for her Irish wit. She told a hilarious story of hiking by herself, I believe in Spearfish Canyon, or wherever the little pool in the creek called the Devils Bathtub is. She was in her 70's at the time. Anyway, she slipped on the rocks and fell into it. She was laughing, and trying to find her glasses which had fallen off, not wanting, as she said, "for the Devil to get a new pair of glasses out of this deal". Some college boys hiking nearby thought she was hurt and hysterical and came running to pull her rather hefty frame out of the water hole. She was just as dilligently clinging to her rock trying to locate the glasses. When everybody finally understood one another, they all were laughing heartily. And the glasses were retrieved before anyone could crush them, or "the Devil" could make off with them! We all loved her a lot and will always miss her!

MRJ

Latest posts