• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

NZ heading dogs and Huntaways

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jillaroo

Reaction score
Does anyone out there know of a New Zealand Heading Dog and Huntaway breeder in North America? I am having difficulty in locating one other than Jeremy Morrison in Oregon. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Are you in luck Ben Stuart- 403 575-5548. I picked his number off the bulletin board at the Cactus Corner truck stop by Hanna, Alberta. My buddy had a huntaway at Hussar that dog could motor!!!

Jillaroo, I had a breeder of New Zealand Heading Dogs at a clinic at Lumby a few years ago. Contact Don Hladych, Vale Farms, Lumby, he may know the breeder.

Jillaroo I sent you a PM(Private message on Ranchers) regarding your inquiry about McCallum cow dogs.

Good Luck!

Unfortunately I don't know of a breeder in N. America but we were at a stock dog clinic in AB some time ago and one of the guys there had a Huntaway -- really a fine dog that one. The Mister worked with Huntaways in NZ and really thought they were tremendous but we couldn't find one when we were looking for dogs. We went with a Kelpie instead and he's been great.

That said, they must exist in Canada since the fellow at the clinic had one.

I have a new litter on the ground and ready to go. First shots, wormed, tested ... Fm working parents, Dad NZHD works sheep and cattle, Mom NZHD/BC works cattle and sheep

redpale said:
are you still looking for a Heading Dog?

Is that you Horsefly BC? I finally found you.... I bought a NZHD 8 years ago off you and I love him so much I need him to train another one before his days run out..... SUCH an awesome dog... i will never go back to a Border Collie again!

redpale said:
Did you go to ag college in Alberta? Send me an email and I will send you a picture of the litter and all that stuff ....

That is me! The problem is I don't have your email ..... I have tried to find it online throught the B & B but haven't been sucessfull.... So I will take the risk.... lol please email me at oops_21 @ hotmail.com with no spaces. Thanks,
Em

oops_21 said:
redpale said:
Did you go to ag college in Alberta? Send me an email and I will send you a picture of the litter and all that stuff ....

That is me! The problem is I don't have your email ..... I have tried to find it online throught the B & B but haven't been sucessfull.... So I will take the risk.... lol please email me at oops_21 @ hotmail.com with no spaces. Thanks,
Em

you guys can use the Private Message PM function right here on ranchers if you don't have E mail.

redpale said:

That was me... lol ag college in AB.... would love to get intouch with you again, don't have your email anymore....

hey man, these posts look old do you no of eny won that has pups for sale. trying to avoid bringing my own dogs from new zealand as i dont no how long i will be in canada

jillaroo said:
Does anyone out there know of a New Zealand Heading Dog and Huntaway breeder in North America? I am having difficulty in locating one other than Jeremy Morrison in Oregon. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I know of 5 NZHD breeders and at least 1 Huntaway. I have a 6 mon old pup that will make a good cow dog and with a knowledgable handler a good sheep dop .. he very strong

Latest posts