• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Obama and his golf

Help Support Ranchers.net:

ranch hand

Reaction score
http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/30/obama-has-spent-more-time-playing-golf-than-in-intel-briefings/

Speaking of golf, I wonder if OT watched the "Ryder" cup this past weekend and thought about his heavy investigative work after the Okla. City bombing?

You know, how he found out the Ryder truck was involved way before the FBI knew it.......................... :roll:

Today- October 14th was President Dwight D. Eisenhowers birthday.... While I was reading some articles about him a couple of tidbits came to light.... First off he was inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame in 2009. A great honor for someone I feel was a great man and leader...

Secondly I remember back when I was a kid and my Dad, the uncles and neighbors used to talk about him always playing golf - much like the current whiner section wails and howls about Obama...
An article I read the other day said Obama has played 200 games of golf since entering office- which made this part of the article stand out...

According to a Golf Digest article from 2008, Eisenhower played golf more than 800 times during his presidency.

Maybe Obama needs to play more games! :wink:

Lets put it this way....how many rounds of golf has Obama played while the world fell apart? How many did Eisenhower play when someone was beheaded? How much did it cost for security for Eisenhower to play? How much did the tax payers get hosed? Maybe he should do his job first....then I could care less how many times he played! For an independent you sure love the liberal left. :) :???: :lol: :roll:

Oldtimer said:
Today- October 14th was President Dwight D. Eisenhowers birthday.... While I was reading some articles about him a couple of tidbits came to light.... First off he was inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame in 2009. A great honor for someone I feel was a great man and leader...

Secondly I remember back when I was a kid and my Dad, the uncles and neighbors used to talk about him always playing golf - much like the current whiner section wails and howls about Obama...
An article I read the other day said Obama has played 200 games of golf since entering office- which made this part of the article stand out...

According to a Golf Digest article from 2008, Eisenhower played golf more than 800 times during his presidency.

Took your stupid pills again today, I see.

During his Presidency, was Ike dealing with wars in two countries, a potential deadly plague of biblical proportions, attacks on a US Embassy with the Ambassador murdered, "workplace violence", illegal aliens swarming into the country bringing weapons, drugs, disease, and international terrorists, a DOJ that refuses to prosecute criminals, an IRS stalking conservative groups, and other high crimes and misdemeanors???

Or rather was his tenure full of peace, prosperity, and the greatest era to grow up in the history of this country? Comparing their Presidencies is comparing apples and oranges. If Ike was facing what the Great Pretender is, I doubt he'd be playing pasture pool at all.

Here's a tidbit for the Fatman....the man who essentially taught Ike to golf and gave him lots of lessons just happened to be a good friend of mine. :wink:

loomixguy said:
Oldtimer said:

During his Presidency, was Ike dealing with wars in two countries, a potential deadly plague of biblical proportions, attacks on a US Embassy with the Ambassador murdered, "workplace violence", illegal aliens swarming into the country bringing weapons, drugs, disease, and international terrorists, a DOJ that refuses to prosecute criminals, an IRS stalking conservative groups, and other high crimes and misdemeanors???

Or rather was his tenure full of peace, prosperity, and the greatest era to grow up in the history of this country? Comparing their Presidencies is comparing apples and oranges. If Ike was facing what the Great Pretender is, I doubt he'd be playing pasture pool at all.

Here's a tidbit for the Fatman....the man who essentially taught Ike to golf and gave him lots of lessons just happened to be a good friend of mine. :wink:

:roll: No- Ike only had little things like the Cold War/Kruschev and the Strategic Air Command airborne constantly carrying nukes under a program called MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction)... And a little police action with the Chinese that he inherited in which over 45,000 US troops were killed or missing called the Korean War...And even with his golf he negotiated a cease fire that exists to this day...
Russia was dabbling its military nose in all parts of the world- most of which were handled by the CIA including an unknown part of the world called Vietnam...
Ike also golfed around the start of the space race- a huge problem with illegal immigrants which he solved when he ordered "Operation Wetback" the last mass forced removal of illegals from the country..
Also he oversaw the enforcement of the SCOTUS ruling of Brown v. Board of Education- where he had to use government troops to force southerners to allow black students into what had been all-white schools...

And while he was handling those piddly little issues- he got thru the Federal Highway Act of 1956 which created the Interstate Highway System and in my opinion is the single greatest achievement by government in the past 100 years...

Yep- too bad old Ike had nothing to do and had to spend all his time on the golf course ! :wink: :p :lol: :lol:

Yep- too bad old Ike had nothing to do and had to spend all his time on the golf course ! Wink Razz Laughing Laughing
So what did Obama get done? :???: :roll: :mad: :roll: :wink:

Ike had two tees and two greens installed on the South Lawn at the White House. All he had to do was walk out the door. :lol:

Ike also played almost every Wed. afternoons & Sat. mornings at Burning Tree Country Club in Bethesda, MD. just outside of D.C.

Buckwheat likes to play a little further away. Hawaii. :roll:

Oldtimer said:
loomixguy said:
Oldtimer said:

:roll: No- Ike only had little things like the Cold War/Kruschev and the Strategic Air Command airborne constantly carrying nukes under a program called MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction)... And a little police action with the Chinese that he inherited in which over 45,000 US troops were killed or missing called the Korean War...And even with his golf he negotiated a cease fire that exists to this day...
Russia was dabbling its military nose in all parts of the world- most of which were handled by the CIA including an unknown part of the world called Vietnam...
Ike also golfed around the start of the space race- a huge problem with illegal immigrants which he solved when he ordered "Operation Wetback" the last mass forced removal of illegals from the country..
Also he oversaw the enforcement of the SCOTUS ruling of Brown v. Board of Education- where he had to use government troops to force southerners to allow black students into what had been all-white schools...

And while he was handling those piddly little issues- he got thru the Federal Highway Act of 1956 which created the Interstate Highway System and in my opinion is the single greatest achievement by government in the past 100 years...

Yep- too bad old Ike had nothing to do and had to spend all his time on the golf course ! :wink: :p :lol: :lol:

Bullsh!t on Korea. The Korean War effectively ended in 1953. Ike was inaugurated in January, 1953. He didn't deal with it for long. As for the rest, yeah, he had work to do, but he wasn't fiddling while Rome burned like your boy is.

Why don't you list all the accomplishments the Great Pretender has achieved like you did Ike? Shouldn't take much more than 30 seconds.

Below is the full release provided by Judicial Watch:

Judicial Watch Obtains Records Revealing Obama's 2014 Palm Springs and Key Largo Golf Outings Cost Taxpayers $2,952,278 for Flight Expenses Alone

(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch announced today, it has obtained records from the U.S. Department of the Air Force revealing that President Obama's February 2014 Palm Springs, California, and March 2014 Key Largo, Florida, golf outings cost the taxpayers $2,952,278 for flight expenses alone.

According to the Department of Air Force documents, the flights to and from, Palm Springs for the February 17 – 20, 2014 trip totaled 9.8 hours at $210,877 an hour, which comes to a total of $2,066,594.60 in flight expenses. The records came in response to a Judicial Watch Freedom of request filed on February 18, 2014.

Also according to the Department of Air Force documents, the total cost for flights to and from Key Largo, Florida for the March 7 - 9 trip totaled 4.2 hours at $210,877, which comes to a total of $885,683.40 for flight in expenses. The records came in response to a Judicial Watch Freedom of Information Act request filed on March 10, 2014.

Though the administration billed the President's Day weekend trip to California as an effort to highlight the state's severe water drought, the White House official schedule showed the president spent just four hours at three drought-related events on the afternoon of Friday, February 14. He then spent much of the next three days playing golf at some of Coachella Valley, California's, most exclusive golf courses, which, according to Fox News, "consume roughly 17 percent of all water there, and one quarter of the water pumped out of the region's at-risk groundwater aquifer." Each course uses nearly 1 million gallons of water a day.

During March 7 – 9, the First Family spent Spring Break at Key Largo, Florida's, exclusive Ocean Reef Club, where members must have a minimum net worth of $35 million to join. According to its website, "the Club boasts two championship 18-hole courses, a rarity in the Florida Keys … a salon and spa, more than a dozen restaurants, a 175-slip marina, a private airport, and so much more." The costly Spring Break vacation took place on the heels of Obama's State of the Union Address in which he focused on income inequality.

According to records obtained by Judicial Watch, through FOIA requests and subsequent lawsuits, the Obamas and Bidens have spent more than $40 million taxpayer dollars on trips since 2009, beginning with the Obamas' much-publicized New York City "date night" in 2009 up through the president's most recent Palm Springs and Key Largo golf outings. The most lavish expenditure so far on record was for the Obamas' 2013 Africa trip and Honolulu vacation, which cost taxpayers $15,885,585.30 in flight expenses alone. The single largest expense for accommodations was for Michelle Obama's side-trip to Dublin, Ireland, during the 2013 G-8 conference in Belfast, when she and her entourage booked 30 rooms at the five-star Shelbourne Hotel, with the first lady staying in the 1500 square-foot Princess Grace suite at a cost of $3,500 a night. The total cost to taxpayers for the Obamas' Ireland trip was $7,921,638.66.

Editor's note: Judicial Watch is representing the Washington Examiner in the newspaper's federal lawsuit seeking access to Consumer Financial Protection Bureau records under FOIA.

Paul Bedard, the Washington Examiner's "Washington Secrets" columnist, can be contacted at [email protected].

Latest posts