• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Obama on his vacation habits

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Tam

Reaction score
Government Obama Confronted by Local Reporter About Non-Stop (And Expensive) First Family Vacations
Posted on April 13, 2012 at 9:12am by Mike Opelka

ABC news recently reported that most Americans are cutting back on their vacation plans due to high gas prices and the lagging economy. But the Obamas seem to be oblivious to the issue.

The topic of the First Family's frequent vacationing is one that a St. Louis TV anchor thought was worth investigating. Larry Conners of KMOV-TV wondered if the Obamas spend an inordinate amount of time vacationing at the expense of the American taxpayer?

This is not exactly a new topic:
•The frequency and cost of these the Obama family trips has been covered on the Blaze as recently as December when the First Family's Hawaiian vacation was reported to cost as much as $4 million dollars.
•Last summer the Daily Mail reported that Michelle Obama had already spent up to $10 million dollars on trips to Spain, Vail, and Martha's Vineyard.

Conners was among a group of local newspeople from around the nation invited to Washington for individual sit-down interviews with the President. Conners covered many topics with Mr. Obama, but his question about the taxpayer funded vacations (and the President's answer) is worth reviewing:

"The economy is a big issue and concern for folks. I mean, the unemployment, trying to make ends meet, gas prices, food prices going up. Some of our viewers are complaining, they get frustrated, even angered, when they see the first family jetting around, different vacations and so forth, sometimes maybe they think under color of state business and that you're out of touch, that you don't really know what they're experiencing right now."

How did the President respond? In a slightly testy fashion:

"Well, I don't know how many viewers you're talking about that say that."

Conners parried with:

"We do hear from some."

The President seemed to be trying to diminish the question by saying the following:

"I hear from all kinds of viewers about everything."

He eventually gave a sort-of answer, but it really side-stepped the question:

"But the fact of the matter is, I think if you look at my track record, I'm raising a family here. When we travel, we got to travel through Secret Service, and Air Force One, that's not my choice. I think most folks understand how hard I work and how hard this administration is working on behalf of the American people."

Nice he is raising a family and that family has to vacation at places Barak couldn't even afford to dream about without the tax payers picking up the tab. People wonder where government employees like Mr Neely get their entitlement beliefs all you have to do is look at the White House. :mad:

Here's the kicker. He actually had the gall to say how hard he's
working!!! :shock:

""But the fact of the matter is, I think if you look at my track record, I'm raising a family here. When we travel, we got to travel through Secret Service, and Air Force One, that's not my choice. I think most folks understand how hard I work and how hard this administration is working on behalf of the American people."

Faster horses said:
Here's the kicker. He actually had the gall to say how hard he's
working!!! :shock:

""But the fact of the matter is, I think if you look at my track record, I'm raising a family here. When we travel, we got to travel through Secret Service, and Air Force One, that's not my choice. I think most folks understand how hard I work and how hard this administration is working on behalf of the American people."

Come on FH give the guy a break it is hard arranging a schedule to include Golf, Basketball, fund raisers and foreign tour guide trips. When you toss White House party scene into the mix that is a scheduling nightmare few could handle. Is it any wonder the White side of Obama is finally coming out at least in his hair color?

Ya well, everyone anti-Bush made fun of his speaking...how about the
word 'got' in Obama's answer? He should have learned to speak better
than that in the third grade. Question is, "did he ever attend third grade?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Faster horses said:
Ya well, everyone anti-Bush made fun of his speaking...how about the
word 'got' in Obama's answer? He should have learned to speak better
than that in the third grade. Question is, "did he ever attend third grade?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wasn't it in 3rd grade that he was eating dog at the Muslim dinner table?

Sandhusker said:
Basically, he doesn't care what everybody thinks because he thinks he's entitled.

What he should be entitled to is three square meals and one hour of recreation time per day and maybe a private cell for the safety of the rest of the inmates.

Latest posts