• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Obama Phone

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
I think this has been posted before, but does it hurt to be reminded
of the atrocities of this administration?

Go to Previous message | Go to Next message | Back to MessagesMark as Unread | Print
ReplyReply AllMove...Household hintsHSBC Online Bill Pay... Flag this messageObama Phone!!!Monday, July 26, 2010 11:33 PMFrom: "Pat Bissonette" <[email protected]>View contact detailsTo: [email protected]

Is this a wonderful country, or what? Gotta love our President....I'm signing up for Welfare tomorrow!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The "Obama Phone"... You're paying for it!

This was sent to me by a friend. I hope you are sitting down.I had a former employee call me earlier today inquiring about a job, and at the end of the conversation he gave me his phone number. I asked the former employee if this was a new cell phone number, and he told me yes, this was his "Obama phone." I asked him what an "Obama phone" was, and he went on to say that welfare recipients are now eligible to receive (1) a FREE new cell phone, and (2) approximately 70 FREE minutes of air time every month.

I was a little skeptical, so I Googled it, and lo and behold, he was telling the truth. TAXPAYER MONEY IS BEING REDISTRIBUTED TO WELFARE RECIPIENTS FOR FREE CELL PHONES. Enough is enough, the ship is sinking, and it's sinking fast. The age-old concepts of God, family, and hard work have flown out the window, and are being replaced with "Hope and Change", "Change we can believe in", and "Why should I work for it, when I can get it for free?"

You can click on the link below to read more about the "ObamaPhone"…just have a barf bag ready.

https://www.safelinkwireless.com/EnrollmentPublic/Home.aspx

In the eightys we had Ronald Reagen, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope, Now we have Obama, no Cash and no Hope.

commonsense said:
As much as it pains me to say this, but the so called obama phone started life under Reagen's watch.

I thought it was Gore and his "Universal Service Fund" tax?

Anybody but obama. Now we can go back as far as Wilson-lol.

This specific program, SafeLink, started under President George Bush, with grants from an independent company created under President Bill Clinton, which was a legacy of an act passed under President Franklin Roosevelt, which was influenced by an agreement reached between telecommunications companies and the administration of President Woodrow Wilson.

Wilson Phones, anyone?

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/10/the-obama-phone/

For someone with health issues, or who has a child with health issues, a phone could be a lifeline. So I can understand why basic phone service would be covered in some cases. And a cell phone with low minutes per month would be a lot cheaper than a land line. But like so many benefits, there are probably more people taking advantage of it than deserving recipients.

Benefits
What does SafeLink Wireless offer in New Jersey?

SafeLink Wireless makes wireless telephone service more affordable by offering Lifeline service for qualified customers. Qualified customers will receive a free SafeLink Wireless handset and free monthly Minutes with no commitments, contracts, or bills. If you need additional Minutes, you can buy TracFone Airtime Cards at any TracFone retailer (Walmart, CVS, Kmart, Target, Radio Shack, Walgreens, Rite Aid stores, Family Dollar and Dollar General).
How many Minutes does the SafeLink Wireless Service offer?

Our SafeLink Wireless service provides a 68 minute plan on a monthly basis at NO COST to the customer. We also provide you with a FREE SafeLink Wireless phone at no cost. That is right, 68 MINUTES EVERY MONTH AND A PHONE FOR FREE!

while it looks like a well intentioned idea... it seems to me that it will not be used as intended..

Latest posts