• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Oct 1st in pictures.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

per

Reaction score
10000 words worth.

Started out with gathering and moving cows closer to a set of facilities so the calves can be vaccinated.
Oct2011052.jpg

They were scattered all over the place.
Oct2011062.jpg

Takes tenacity to find them all. Good thing for a few hills to climb for reconnaissance purposes.
Oct2011066.jpg

Getting some compliance.
Oct2011084.jpg

Heading the right direction.
Oct2011101.jpg

Cheating a bit, we use any and all the advantages we can find.
Oct2011106.jpg

Moms like the new paddock while these calves want to go back.
Oct2011107.jpg

New home for 2 days.
Oct2011134.jpg

We have a local birder that has hundreds of bird houses around the community.
Oct2011141.jpg

Drive by photo of my Heifers at the end of the day.
Oct2011145.jpg

Grass .............. wow :shock: Better to look at than a playboy center fold.

I guess, haven't seen either for awhile.

efb said:
Grass .............. wow :shock: Better to look at than a playboy center fold.

I guess, haven't seen either for awhile.

LOL :D ...really beautiful scenery...cows and calves appear to be in excellent shape. I like seeing that many red cattle!!

Big Muddy rancher said:
"reconnaissance "

What are you trying to impress us with big words? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Country and cattle look great :D
Did you have to look it up? :lol: 8) :wink: It has been a good year up here. That same La Nina that devastates Texas sends us water.

per said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
"reconnaissance "

What are you trying to impress us with big words? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Country and cattle look great :D
Did you have to look it up? :lol: 8) :wink: It has been a good year up here. That same La Nina that devastates Texas sends us water.

I had to go up on a hill for a look around to figure that one out. :lol: :lol:

Great photos! Your cattle are looking really good. I sure like the looks of your country...hope we get up there sometime to see it in person. Was it foggy?

Nicky said:
Great photos! Your cattle are looking really good. I sure like the looks of your country...hope we get up there sometime to see it in person. Was it foggy?
It was drizzling.

Your weather was similar to here with the exception that our moisture was in the flake form. Wrapped some silage bales and replaced some broken pickup tines on the baler in a snowstorm, if nothing else I have part of my pre-2012 haying preparations done. :D

Sunny and -10 this AM, will get another 30 silage bales wrapped up today and then see if the weather permits to cut some more. The grass is still surprisingly green for this time of year here.

Cattle look really good Per, are you going to stay with the same program or sell calves off the cow?

gcreekrch said:
Your weather was similar to here with the exception that our moisture was in the flake form. Wrapped some silage bales and replaced some broken pickup tines on the baler in a snowstorm, if nothing else I have part of my pre-2012 haying preparations done. :D

Sunny and -10 this AM, will get another 30 silage bales wrapped up today and then see if the weather permits to cut some more. The grass is still surprisingly green for this time of year here.

Cattle look really good Per, are you going to stay with the same program or sell calves off the cow?
Buy high sell low. I'll keep the calves and maybe try to put weight on them faster rather than deferring until grass. If I sell them we would probably buy something to use up this feed store with anyway. Might just as well be my own.

Latest posts