• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Odd study linking Alzheimer's and Daydreaming

Help Support Ranchers.net:

ranchwife

Reaction score
OHHHH, GREAT!!!! Now i have to find a new way to pass my alone time.....no more daydreaming about Keith Urban or george strait or winning the lottery or going on vacation!!!! :? :?

"hey found that parts of the brain involved in musing... in young people were where evidence of Alzheimer's disease appears. "

Makes it sound like all writers are doomed. And scientists. And anyone else trying to figure out life.

Musing is amusing. An I'm gonna keep doin it. So there.

:p

Ooh now that is scary.. What about the lovely people with philosophical minds? And how I wish all those evil leaders who thought of equally evil disasters to humanity forgot what they were about to release into the world.. :mad:

Don't forget that Nov, 10 is National Alzheimer's Awareness day, please light a candle in memory of someone who has Alzheimer's or has died from it. for more info:vist,www.alzfdn.org or call 1-866-AFA-8484. My dad has it and we are doing a candlelighting in our little town. The website has some good ideas and helpful things like the free national screening on Nov. 15th If I could get it around here I would as not only my dad has it but 2 brothers and his sister, as well as his mom had it and that is what she died of. :wink: :!: :!:

thanks reader for the input. This disease can be a nasty one or a calm one for the person who has it. Some go fast and some hang on for years like my grandma did, over 15 years. :(

ranchwife said:
OHHHH, GREAT!!!! Now i have to find a new way to pass my alone time.....no more daydreaming about Keith Urban or george strait or winning the lottery or going on vacation!!!! :? :?

ah ehhe...keith urban...george strait?? ah i can c keith urban, not george strait :wink: :wink: :wink:

That's scarry....been a daydreamer for as long as I remember, I like to reffer to it as collecting my thoughts. With the skeletons in my genetic closet I think that I need to improve my memory skills...but then I wouldn't get to meet all thoes nice people everyday and go to all the new places and never leave the farm....

montana cowgurl said:
ranchwife said:

ah ehhe...keith urban...george strait?? ah i can c keith urban, not george strait :wink: :wink: :wink:

Montana cowgurl...you are just toooooo young to appreciate George Strait. :nod: :nod: :nod:

first time I seen George Strait was way back in 1982.......and yes....I drooled. He was singin after a rodeo in Odessa, Texas out in Barn G on a flat bed trailer.............you got it...I was glued right to the side of that trialer!!!! He signed the inside of my Ropers. Stood there with one boot on and one boot off until he finally gave in and signed it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We saw George in Cheyenne the night before Lane Frost died; saw that also. Saw Mr. Hedeman ride his tenth round bull for 16 seconds in Vegas. Busy year, all around.
George Straight didn't origionate country music, but he sure as hell defines it. Not to detract from Chris LeDoux's music, which I also love, it's just a regional thing, mostly. Then came Garth and Clint.

In my book, ol' Marty Robbins was one of the best. He sang all kinds of good songs, but nobody ever did the cowboy classics any better than him.

Haytrucker, I had a nice visit with your brother last evening at the local Fireman's smoker. He said he reads Ranchers.Net. Now if we could just get him to register and post..... :wink:

Latest posts