• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Off to Charlottetown PEI

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
The ranch was awarded the Saskatchewan Stockgrowers TESA
( environmental stewardship award) back in June at the convention. For winning Saskatchewan we got a trip to the Canadian Cattleman's Assoc. summer meeting in Prince Edward Island. :D
We are flying out Wednesday get a tour of the island Thursday, we are meeting up with a friend Friday and on Saturday the CCA Town Hall meeting and TESA presentation is at a luncheon. I think 6 provinces had representatives competing. If fact I think RSL from right here at ranchers is Alberta's winner. I haven't heard if he is going.
Don't misbehave while I'm gone. :wink: :lol: :lol:

Big Muddy rancher said:
The ranch was awarded the Saskatchewan Stockgrowers TESA
( environmental stewardship award) back in June at the convention. For winning Saskatchewan we got a trip to the Canadian Cattleman's Assoc. summer meeting in Prince Edward Island. :D
We are flying out Wednesday get a tour of the island Thursday, we are meeting up with a friend Friday and on Saturday the CCA Town Hall meeting and TESA presentation is at a luncheon. I think 6 provinces had representatives competing. If fact I think RSL from right here at ranchers is Alberta's winner. I haven't heard if he is going.
Don't misbehave while I'm gone. :wink: :lol: :lol:

CONGRATULATIONS!! What an honor!!

Y'all be good now but have a great time.
Visiting PEI is on my bucket list...

Oh, how nice!! PEI is on my bucket list too. I was/and still maybe seriously considering moving there.
If you have time, you must take in Lennie Gallant's concert " Searching for Abegweit " , you won't be disappointed.

http://www.lenniegallant.com/tour.html

http://www.lenniegallant.com/index.html

We are safely on the ground in PEI and so is our luggage, can't say the same for the SSGA managers luggage :wink: We met RSL and Mrs. RSL in Toronto after we got off the plane. We left Regina together. Once we got to Toronto we met the Manitoba TESA winners while having lunch. We all rode the plane together to Charlottetown. After we got to the hotel we attended the President's Reception where I met the TESA winners from BC. We haven't met the Ontario TESA winner yet. Touring the island tomorrow. :)

It was great to meet Big Muddy and Tam. We had several great visits and it seems like we have known each other for years (technically via Ranchers I guess we have). It was also great to meet the other nominees and be associated with a great bunch of folks from across the country, as well as get a chance to tour PEI. Our thoughts and prayers are with BMR and Tam over the next days as they head home to deal with some tough circumstances.

Congratulations to RSL and Mrs on winning the National TESA Award.He is right that we met lots of great people and had a great trip seeing some very pretty country.
What happened was we got the call last night that Tam's mother passed away. She went peacefully sitting on the sofa but is very much a shock as she was fairly active volunteering at a local thrift shop and enjoying it very much.
We will be home very late tomorrow night.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Congratulations to RSL and Mrs on winning the National TESA Award.He is right that we met lots of great people and had a great trip seeing some very pretty country.
What happened was we got the call last night that Tam's mother passed away. She went peacefully sitting on the sofa but is very much a shock as she was fairly active volunteering at a local thrift shop and enjoying it very much.
We will be home very late tomorrow night.

My condolences to you and Tam... Never seems to fail, you get somewhere and that's when something happens at home..

Thoughts and prayers for you, Tam and Big Muddy. Sounds like a graceful and peaceful way for the ending of your mother's productive life of helping others, but still a shock. Travel safely.

Soapweed said:
Thoughts and prayers for you, Tam and Big Muddy. Sounds like a graceful and peaceful way for the ending of your mother's productive life of helping others, but still a shock. Travel safely.

Well said Soapweed......sorry for your loss Tam and BMR..

My condolences on your loss. I know she will be missed, Im sure by a great many people.
....and congratulations on your award, that's one to be proud of for sure.

Latest posts