• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Off to the airport

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Nicky

Reaction score
After chores I'm off to Boise to the airport to pick up my aunt from Toronto! She is the one I went to see last spring for her 80th birthday. She hasn't been here for two years so we're excited to see her. She'll be here for a week. Hopefully we'll make butter tarts while she's here :)

"Toronto?" Ohmigosh, watch out for that liberal Eastern Canada influence and that it doesn't rub off on you! :wink:

Work hard on her while she's there to make sure that she's going to vote Conservative in our upcoming election!

If you can't convince her, perhaps you could keep her there til after the election! One vote might make the difference in this one!

:lol2:

Or have her come on here and we'll convince her...CONSERVATIVE :!: :!:By the way Maple Leaf you the ONLY Conservative down there????

Yah Maple Leaf; you darned near seized up my putor with the notion that someone in ........(gasp) Ontario was advocating against the Libs. :shock: :lol: :lol: :wink:

READ IT THREE TIMES BEFORE I COULD BELIEVE WHAT I WAS READING ...Me thinks your a closet westerner Maple 8)

Hope you have alot of fun with your Aunt. MAke sure you write down her reciepe and any stories she tells. You will treasure them later in life as you pass them on to your grandkids LOL
What area of NE Oregon are you in? My brother is outside of Bend.

Oh boy, we have had to call in the troops to our family get-to-gethers occasionally to restore the peace when our very polarized family discussions around politics have gotten too heated. It's just not worth spoiling the family gatherings, so we've laid off on politics at Christmas or any other times we get together for family stuff. We do tend to get a little voluble!

But contrary to what some believe, Ontario does have a lot of people who vote Blue; the trouble is that there are a lot more who vote the other way. I think that most in agriculture vote Conservative, but the population even in the rural areas is skewed to urban influence because of the amount of retired city folks who reside in the country or in cottages on the shores of the Great Lakes.

And to think that it is called representative government. :lol: :lol:

I know that many Western voters feel alienated because of the overwhelming influence of the Eastern vote, but this might just be the year when the Western ballots might be enough to swing things in a better direction.

Let's hope so.

greg said:
READ IT THREE TIMES BEFORE I COULD BELIEVE WHAT I WAS READING ...Me thinks your a closet westerner Maple 8)

Could be. Maybe it's a carry-over from "78 when I had a brand new GMC4x4 pickup and drove out to Alberta to spend a month or two driving a swather and combine for an outfit near Brooks.

Would that be enough to do it? :lol2: :lol2:

I must confess, we don't talk politics but I know she's not happy so maybe she's a conservative :? If I get brave I'll ask LOL.
Boy did I mess up!! I read the ticket wrong and was 2 hours late getting her :oops: :oops: Her kids will probably never let her come again. I thought I was doing so good, did all my errands (except pizza and groceries) on the way. Got calving supplies etc. Then Mike called and she had called my aunt in Idaho (other side of the family) to see if she could get her or if she knew where I was. So that aunt called Mike and then called Aunt Lois back at the airport. So I drive up to the baggage claim, leave the truck running, and start to run in and an airport official comes and tells me I can't park there. I said I had an elderly (81 and rather frail) aunt waiting for me. He asked her name, when I told him he said she was upstairs having a drink :!: and to drive up there and he would get her for me. So I did and they brought her out in a wheel chair. Luckily she's still talking to me :) And we made it home in one piece. Whew

MsSage - we live out of Baker City. Will write down the recipe, do you want it? Maybe I'll put it on the recipe thread.

I was just kidding about the politics discussion with your aunt. All you need to do is enjoy her company and build some more good memories while she's with you.

Don't worry I didn't take you too seriously :) We're having a good time. I had left the christmas decorations and tree up for her to see since she has never been here for christmas, so yesterday we took everything down :cry: I'd leave them all year if I could!

Latest posts