• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Oh, now I'm proud to be a Kansan

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Brad S

Reaction score
LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) - A 22-year-old man who legally married a 14-year-old girl in Kansas after she became pregnant has been criminally charged in Nebraska with having sex with her.

Nebraska Attorney General Jon Bruning said Matthew Koso of Falls City began a sexual relationship with the girl when she was 13.

After the girl became pregnant, her mother gave permission for Koso to take her daughter to Kansas, which allows minors to get married with parental consent.

Bruning calls the marriage "repugnant." And he says the state law in neighboring Kansas that allows minors to marry with parental consent is "ridiculous."

Koso faces a charge of first-degree sexual assault, punishable by up to 50 years in prison.

Kosos lawyer says Koso and the girl -- with the support of their families -- "made a responsible decision to try to cope with the problem."

The girl is now 14 and seven months pregnant. She and Koso were married in May.

Brad, I think I know that guy. Wasn't he part of the "Black Shirt" squad at UNL a couple of years ago?

HEY!! Hey!!! Casa.. Don't run down my huskers...
You know they only practised with half the team yeaterday don't you???
Didn't have enough bail money to bail the rest of the team out of jail :wink:

Ouch Casa, that waas a good one from out of nowhere. This year the huskers are trying to put something like the 40th straight on my Jayhawks so I'm not going to jeer the Huskers.

katrina said:
HEY!! Hey!!! Casa.. Don't run down my huskers...
You know they only practised with half the team yeaterday don't you???
Didn't have enough bail money to bail the rest of the team out of jail :wink:

good one, katrina!!! :lol: :lol:

Katrina,

Sure I want to wager; I've been looking for a Husker fan to support.

I ain't goin for that cryin poor "only half the team practiced because we could only afford to bail that many out of jail." The UNL athletic dept could finance the Dept of Defense.

Seriously, the Husker Foootball team is remarkably clean relative to other successful programs. Os and Solich were squeeky clean - I hope Cal can win the way Os did.

Brad wrot:"Seriously, the Husker Foootball team is remarkably clean relative to other successful programs. "
Brad,I have a cousin who lives in Lincoln and is an FBI agent. And the stuff that is never reported about would curl your hair......
Who is O and Cal?
Let me know what team and point spread and maybe we'll have a warm-up game befor Kansas and Nebraska plays..

Latest posts