• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Oil pipeline damaged

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
Iraqis are setting in long gasoline lines because they can't protect the gasoline truck drivers. The oil minister is out because he objected to the increase in gasoline prices. Now the insurgents have damaged an oil pipeline, in addition to setting off multiple car bombs today. Their government can't keep the electricity on, sewage out of the streets, gasoline in the pumps, or their streets safe. Link below.

"A bomb has blown up an oil pipeline near a Baghdad oil refinery, sparking a large-scale fire, a security official said.
The attack targeted a pipeline bringing crude oil from the south of the country to the Dura refinery, oil ministry spokesman Assim Jihad said Sunday.
"This attack has affected production at the refinery, which can handle 110,000 barrels a day, but it has not stopped production," Jihad said.
Riots broke out in the northern oil centre of Kirkuk as hundreds of demonstrators, protesting the lack of basic services and shortages of petrol, set two petrol stations and offices belonging to the national oil company on fire, an AFP correspondent said."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060101/wl_mideast_afp/iraqunrestoil_060101135010;_ylt=Ai62zuAvX8cYxF.K4eGW.tkUewgF;_ylu=X3oDMTA2ZGZwam4yBHNlYwNmYw--

Disagreeable said:
Their government can't keep the electricity on, sewage out of the streets, gasoline in the pumps, or their streets safe.
Let's see..... Don't tell me, don't tell me! Let me guess. City of New Orleans, right? What do I win? :D

Latest posts