• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

OK Big Dummy,I found you a saddle

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
476e_12.jpg

4c2b_12.jpg

BMZhR3Q_Wk_KGrHgoOKi0EjlLmUvDqBJkOl_cVIQ_12.jpg

good luck

If ya plan to ride anything more than a 30 year old shetland pony ya may want to get some swells on it though! :wink: :D Then again, maybe ya like goin' over the dash! :wink:

I think if I bought that pretty saddle,I would get me some buckin rolls for it,better known as falsies :D ............good luck
!BQHUP,!B2k~$(KGrHgoH-DEEjlLl1RtcBJ3JwZIqFQ~~_1.JPG

Those slick saddles are pretty but when a colt bogs his head it gets a little western. I don't really care for buckin' rolls but a lot of guys like em'. I like my swells built in, but that's just me> :wink: I have a sweet old center fire rig for starting colts. Once ya get your thighs locked in under the swells on that old saddle it's time to roll em' if ya got em' cause your not going anywhere. :lol:

Pretty fancy Haymaker. Who makes it?

We have two saddles coming built on the Flat Creek packer tree. A friend took a saddle making course last winter and is building my son and daughter each a new one this winter. They should be here in the nest couple of weeks. I will get pictures posted.

My son has a Wade with bucking rolls but he out grew it and I don't like it. He wanted my Shimon but we will decide after he pays for his new one. :D

leanin' H said:
Those slick saddles are pretty but when a colt bogs his head it gets a little western. I don't really care for buckin' rolls but a lot of guys like em'. I like my swells built in, but that's just me> :wink: I have a sweet old center fire rig for starting colts. Once ya get your thighs locked in under the swells on that old saddle it's time to roll em' if ya got em' cause your not going anywhere. :lol:

I agree,no way i would put a slick forked saddle on a green horse.
good luck

Big Muddy rancher said:
Pretty fancy Haymaker. Who makes it?

We have two saddles coming built on the Flat Creek packer tree. A friend took a saddle making course last winter and is building my son and daughter each a new one this winter. They should be here in the nest couple of weeks. I will get pictures posted.

My son has a Wade with bucking rolls but he out grew it and I don't like it. He wanted my Shimon but we will decide after he pays for his new one. :D

An old cowboy south of san antonio makes them,his base is $2500,then toolin etc is xtra...............good luck

I like the looks of the saddle, Haymaker--A LOT!

A few tears ago (like a decade or two ago!! :shock: ) all our cowboy
friends rode saddles with a Wade tree. Mr. FH tried and tried to like
them, but I guess they didn't like him. We even bought a couple,'
but he was never as happy with them and he would like to be.
I think, really, you have to get used to them. I do know the
narrow seat is really nice for long rides. So, he had a custom made
saddle on a pro-roper tree that has a narrow seat. He had that
saddle made in 1987 and has rode many happy miles in it!

Faster horses said:
I like the looks of the saddle, Haymaker--A LOT!

A few tears ago (like a decade or two ago!! :shock: ) all our cowboy
friends rode saddles with a Wade tree. Mr. FH tried and tried to like
them, but I guess they didn't like him. We even bought a couple,'
but he was never as happy with them and he would like to be.
I think, really, you have to get used to them. I do know the
narrow seat is really nice for long rides. So, he had a custom made
saddle on a pro-roper tree that has a narrow seat. He had that
saddle made in 1987 and has rode many happy miles in it!

Yup,not everyone takes to them,I got an old one built by a friend that someone "borrowed" when i got rid of my horses last time,probaly a good thing I caint find it,sure would'nt work on these young horses around here.
good luck

Thats a fine looking saddle, almost too pretty to throw over a horse. My wife had me a saddle made about 8 years ago, heck it was so pretty I didn't dare use it until 2 years ago. Even now I don't use it much, its funner to just look at. :) I think I will start using it exclusively so the darn thing will stop squeaking so much.

Latest posts