• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

ok i need help...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

nonothing

Reaction score
last night myself and my girl got into a big fight over pety things...not so much pety just nothing that involves the big picture ...This morning the tention was still there ....I love this lady with all my heart....what i need to know is when couples that love eachother fight why does it hurt so much ......i know we will get past this and make up the fun way .....I guess i am asking what some of you do to not have small arguements that tend to get bigger then they need to...any tips or suggestions on stopping myself before i get to pig headed and draw a line in the sand.....thank you for spending the time to read my post...

There are two theories for arguing with a woman- neither one works...Best bet is to agree with her- gives you training for marriage........ :wink:

"Honey," said a husband to his wife, "I invited a friend home for supper."
"What? Are you crazy?" the wife replied.
"The house is a mess, I haven't been shopping, I have a headache, and I don't feel like cooking a fancy meal."
"I know all that," he said.
"Then why did you invite a friend for supper?" she asked.
He replied, "Because the poor fools thinking about getting married."

Oldtimer said:
"Honey," said a husband to his wife, "I invited a friend home for supper."
"What? Are you crazy?" the wife replied.
"The house is a mess, I haven't been shopping, I have a headache, and I don't feel like cooking a fancy meal."
"I know all that," he said.
"Then why did you invite a friend for supper?" she asked.
He replied, "Because the poor fools thinking about getting married."

:help: :lol2: :clap: :help: :lol2: :clap:

It happens. And today it happened with my oldest son (22) and I. No shouting, or physical stuff, more of a passive -aggressive style.

Well, talk about tension, I think I know what you mean. He drove away mad and less than an hour later I was looking out the window wishing he would come back so I could talk to him about what was happening.

He came back. I said "Son can I talk to you"? He was quiet for a moment and said "I guess so".

What we talked over and agreed to do was make a list of our expectations of each other and sit down in a week and discuss them.

Because I believe that much of the time, it is not a matter of what we want from each other as husband/wife, parent/child, bf/gf, so much as it is how we express it.

Instead of addressing the root issue, too often we beat each other up on the silly fringe issues. I think so much difficulty could be avoided if we could identify the real need or concern and avoid getting dragged into pointless battles that grow into something away bigger than we ever intended.

That's my perspective, but I'm not Dr. Phil!

And don't forget, flowers helps! :wink:
Best wishes to you.

Couple of questions, how old are the both of you? Are you just living together, or have some guidelines or expectations about getting married?

Try starting each sentence with the phrase "I love you, but..." This has worked for me for years now. Wife and I argue more about the silly little things now that we are both retired and I am under foot more. However, using that phrase "I love you, but..." before continuing to argue keeps you from saying anything too hurtful or mean and before long you will find yourselves laughing and making a game out of the argument. Saves a lot of hurt feelings and keeps life with the one you love more fun.

Latest posts