• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

OK smart guys. Tell me who?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
This was getting lost in another string of posts.

Taken from the OCM web site 'The PSA protects the right of cattle producers and packers to enter into mutually beneficial contracts" Can you guys tell me who said this?

Big Muddy rancher said:

Taken from the OCM web site 'The PSA protects the right of cattle producers and packers to enter into mutually beneficial contracts" Can you guys tell me who said this?

Haymaker? :wink:

Big Muddy rancher said:

The PSA does not protect that right as indicated. The PSA has said those contracts are not illegal. I believe that is a distinguishing statement versus what was posted.

AGman that was taken from the Pickett Amici Curiae Breif from USPB, B3R, BC Natural ,Brawley beef Decator County feed yard, Glacier Beef, Gene Net LLC. Ranchers Renaissance. and Ulrich Beef.
All family owned or producer driven companies the use "Captive supplies" to produce better returns for the Rancher. How can R-CALF ,LMA OCM, WORC be against these people?

BMR,

You just hit on why judge Strom threw the pickett verdict out the window.

The plaintiffs themselves had entered into forward contracts (i.e. "captive supply arrangements") proving those contracts to be "mutually beneficial". Yet their entire case was based on the premise that these "mutually beneficial" contracts were being used against them to manipulate markets AFTER THEY WILLINGLY ENTERED INTO THEM.

They pulled every rabbit out of their hat they could think of including changing the definition of captive supplies to include formula and grid cattle to skew the numbers.

Another classic example of the blatant hypocrisy of R-CULT/OCM/LMA and their conspiracy theories.

More and more producers are waking up to their bullsh*t antics every day.

~SH~

Latest posts