• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

ok to all you so called open minded folks

Help Support Ranchers.net:

nonothing

Reaction score
Is it ok for homosexuals .to be in the armed forces?..Or is there other job titles you non liberals feel strong against gay men and women having?

I think gays can serve in the military and can do any job the rest of us can do. What jobs is it ok to ask sexual preferance? I think it's a personal and private matter. I don't see what one does in the bedroom how that makes a difference on job performance. As a heterosexual what some think might be fine and dandy to engage in some might think of as sick and wrong. As for me I just don't wanna know what goes on in bedrooms that aren't mine. :?

Oh but wait lol the question was for the conservatives. :wink:

I'd like to add a question.

Why can gays in the military give up their lives like any rest of the soliders for our country and yet our country won't give them the right to lives like the rest? :???:

nonothing said:
Is it ok for homosexuals .to be in the armed forces?..Or is there other job titles you non liberals feel strong against gay men and women having?

I was never in the service, so I can't really say. I've got a good friend who is really down on gays as when he was in the navy, he said they would have gay men on board and when they got out to sea, they would rope in an innocent and unsuspecting young guy and have sex with him. I don't know if it was consenting or not. He said there were several who had this happen and they couldn't live with themselves aftyerwards, so they jumped over board and committed suicide.

I would say that this doesn't happen a lot, but can see it happening all the same. Anyone read Ode to Billy Joe? Same kind of deal and thats why he jumped off the Tallahassee bridge.

I guess if they can keep their sexual preference to themselves, and they want to serve, so be it. I don't want woman in combat unless they can pick up a 200 pound man and pack him out. For that matter, men should have to be able to do that also.

Gays have the same rights as straights in my mind. Except to get married in those churches which say that they can not.

I've met several self proclaimed gays and have never had a problem with them. I don't want to know what goes on in thier bedroom any more than anyone else. Just as I don't want to know what went on in my parents or grand parents bedroom. Yuck! :shock:

I don't want my grandchildren taught that if they choose to be gay, it's ok. I do want them taught that if they are gay, they are ok. And that they should treat all people with respect and dignity, until they prove that they don't deserve it.

My daughter in laws sister is gay. I got no problem with it or her. I just feel sorry for her and all people who are gay.

But I worry when we cross a line, and say that however or whatever someone wants to do or be, is ok with our society. The ramifications could be real scarey.

Of course, I'm kind of old fashioned in that I don't think teachers should be having sex with their students.

And I think we should get just as upset with people who are fornicators and adulterers, as we do with gay people.

nonothing said:
Do you think it would be a good idea to share restrooms, showers, sleeping quarters, etc... with a gay? Would you have a problem sharing a shower with a gay? Do you think it would be a good idea to go into a tense or dangerous situation with someone you feel uncomfortable with or contention for?

Something I just thought of. Wouldn't having homosexual men showering together be about the same as having heterosexual men and women showering together? Sure could lead to problems.

Maybe in the military, they need to put the homosexual men with the heterosexual women and vice versa. :???:

Cal said:
nonothing said:
Do you think it would be a good idea to share restrooms, showers, sleeping quarters, etc... with a gay? Would you have a problem sharing a shower with a gay? Do you think it would be a good idea to go into a tense or dangerous situation with someone you feel uncomfortable with or contention for?

With this situation, my major source of contention would be AIDS

Jinglebob said:
Something I just thought of. Wouldn't having homosexual men showering together be about the same as having heterosexual men and women showering together? Sure could lead to problems.

Maybe in the military, they need to put the homosexual men with the heterosexual women and vice versa. :???:

Good thoughts to ponder.

you people really are closed minded....better watch it some gay guy may be eyeing you up.....you guys talk about gays like they are a whole different style of people .....gay people are human too....they hurt and laugh and feel just like non gay people....really they are just humans too you dumb assed slacked jaws ....

open your eyes and read it again soapweed ........non liberals......dam your in such a hurry to dump on us liberals you cant even read it right

Soapweed said:
The original question was addressed to the Liberals. After all, they are the "open-minded" ones. :wink: If you don't believe it, just ask them.

Oops! Guess I wasn't supposed to answer. Thanks for settin' me straight Soapweed. :wink:

Now I wonder if I should go back and take all my posts on this thread off! :oops:

nonothing said:
open your eyes and read it again soapweed ........non liberals......dam your in such a hurry to dump on us liberals you cant even read it right

Here you go, nonothing. This is where I got the impression that all you liberals are open-minded, while the conservatives must not be.

CattleRMe said:
Since nobody seems to want to be a liberal and everyone wants to be conservative here's my question how many of you view yourselves as open minded individuals? You are more then welcome to start a closed mind list too.

Join the list.

1. CattleRMe

Sign me up for the closed-minded list.

nonothing said:

Soapweed and Jinglebob see it says non liberals. :wink:

Soapweed said:
nonothing said:

Here you go, nonothing. This is where I got the impression that all you liberals are open-minded, while the conservatives must not be.

CattleRMe said:
Since nobody seems to want to be a liberal and everyone wants to be conservative here's my question how many of you view yourselves as open minded individuals? You are more then welcome to start a closed mind list too.

Join the list.

1. CattleRMe

Sign me up for the closed-minded list.

Soapweed never did I ask liberal or conservative in that post. I said open minded. Seems to me nobody wanted to be a liberal. So I just questioned who here thought of themselves as open minded. It was a simple question not sure how it got here. :?

I guess to answer the question honestly, I would support a "don't ask, don't tell policy". If they can handle the job, and not be conspicuous by their perversion, let them go ahead and do their job. If they start flaunting their lifestyle--adios'.

CattleRMe said:
Soapweed never did I ask liberal or conservative in that post. I said open minded. Seems to me nobody wanted to be a liberal. So I just questioned who here thought of themselves as open minded. It was a simple question not sure how it got here. :?

I'm still waiting for your explanation of how to efficiently use the rope and sorting stick over on Ranch Talk. :wink:

Soapweed said:
I guess to answer the question honestly, I would support a "don't ask, don't tell policy". If they can handle the job, and not be conspicuous by their perversion, let them go ahead and do their job. If they start flaunting their lifestyle--adios'.

I think the don't ask don't tell policy also ensures a better environment for the gays. I don't think perversion is a fair word though. How about sexual orintation?

Latest posts