• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ok, try this one................

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hooks

Reaction score
What A Coincidence!

A chicken farmer went to a local bar, sat next to a woman and ordered a glass of champagne.

The woman perked up and said, 'How about that? I just ordered a glass of champagne, too!'

'What a coincidence' the farmer said. 'This is a special day for me. I am celebrating.'

'This is a special day for me too, I am also celebrating,' said the woman..'

'What a coincidence!' said the farmer.

As they clinked glasses he added, 'What are you celebrating?'

'My husband and I have been trying to have a child and today my gynecologist told me that I am pregnant!'

'What a coincidence!' said the man. 'I'm a chicken farmer and for years all of my hens were infertile, but today they are all laying fertilized eggs.'

'That's great!' said the woman, 'How did your chickens become fertile?'

'I used a different rooster,' he replied.

The woman smiled, clinked his glass and said, 'What a coincidence!'

Muddy wrote

I noticed you didn't make this one about Mrs.G.

uh nope, Greg knows where I live.................................... :shock: :lol:

.....its more of a farmer joke, FH........... :lol: :wink:

and no, vigrotone won't work on chickens........................ :wink: :lol:

Hooks said:
.....its more of a farmer joke, FH........... :lol: :wink:

and no, vigrotone won't work on chickens........................ :wink: :lol:

Can you imagine the size of the chickens if it did!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

A bunch of my mom's laying hens got into a bag of vigortone when I was a kid at home. We ended up with a bunch of egg locked hens and double yoked eggs. We spend a lot of hours in the hen house that winter. What a mess. My dad never knew. He brought home some lower birth weight roosters. :lol:

efb said:
A bunch of my mom's laying hens got into a bag of vigortone when I was a kid at home. We ended up with a bunch of egg locked hens and double yoked eggs. We spend a lot of hours in the hen house that winter. What a mess. My dad never knew. He brought home some lower birth weight roosters. :lol:

How in the world do you pull an egg? Do you use chains and an egg puller, or do you use forceps? What about backwards eggs--do they pose a problem? Are C-sections ever necessary? Nationally Enquiring minds would like to know. :wink: :)

Soapweed said:
efb said:

How in the world do you pull an egg? Do you use chains and an egg puller, or do you use forceps? What about backwards eggs--do they pose a problem? Are C-sections ever necessary? Nationally Enquiring minds would like to know. :wink: :)

Well, we eventually found the best way to pull an egg is using suction cups. The ones you stick things to a window. We hooked a small chain to one, went in and stuck it to the egg. Problem was the hens would drag pretty easy. We tried putting their heads in a squeez, but you can pull off a hens head pretty easy. Through trial and error ( heavy on the error) we found the best way to pull an egg is sit down on the ground put your feet up against the hens legs and pull slightly downward. Once you had the egg you needed to get to your feet pretty quickly, as some of those hens would turn on you in a New York minute.

efb said:
Soapweed said:
efb said:

Well, we eventually found the best way to pull an egg is using suction cups. The ones you stick things to a window. We hooked a small chain to one, went in and stuck it to the egg. Problem was the hens would drag pretty easy. We tried putting their heads in a squeez, but you can pull off a hens head pretty easy. Through trial and error ( heavy on the error) we found the best way to pull an egg is sit down on the ground put your feet up against the hens legs and pull slightly downward. Once you had the egg you needed to get to your feet pretty quickly, as some of those hens would turn on you in a New York minute.

Jumping up on the fence wouldn't help too much 'cause some of those old biddies can flat out fly. :wink: :)

Soapweed said:
efb said:
Soapweed said:

Jumping up on the fence wouldn't help too much 'cause some of those old biddies can flat out fly. :wink: :)

Gee Soap for an old guy :wink: you catch on pretty quick. :D

Well, we learned to get the heavies in and clip their wings. That helped.
But, you've heard of "hen pecked", I've been there and it's a slow healing process. :x

Latest posts