• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ol' Huntin Stories.....

Help Support Ranchers.net:

DemoDriverGus

Reaction score
Hey there everyone... I wasn't sure where I should start up this new topic, so I chose here... My mom and dad have "warned" me not to tell stories about them, so I simply couldn't resist. Here's a good one about cowboyup....

Back in the day (I'm not sure how long ago it was) cowboyup and his buddy were out huntin for deer. They squander all day trying to find the perfect buck, until they see a GREAT one (i'm trying to make it sound interesting :lol: ). So, **BOOM** they shoot it down. Well they go on over to examine it; lifting the head by the nose, and so on, making sure they didn't ruin it for the mounting. As they start to walk away cowboyup notices that its not as still as it was a moment ago. Sure as heck that deer sprang up and, with "fire in its eyes", charged. Now the ending is unclear to me, b/c cowboyup's huntin buddy ran for the hills and is unable to verify the ending. But according to Cowboyup, he grabed that deer by the antlers and pushed it through his legs, turned and shot it...We now have that same deer mounted on our wall, head turned lookin at everyone who comes through the door.

Now I'm not sure if any of you could picture this happening but it sure did!!! Let's hear some more!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Can't wait til he sees that you have "ratted" him out to the "family"....sleep with one eye open, kiddo!!! :wink: :wink: But, it is true...still love to look at the buck on the wall and remember how he came to rest there!! Sure wish I could have been there to see the look on his face when that critter tried to "take him" :lol:

we had packed in 2 days when I saw this big Buck - took aim with a little windage on my 30/30

BANG and the buck went down (But I hadn't shot :( ) Now I was 18/19 and this 20 something DOLL came out of the trees by herself

My Pack Horse had all the Dressing Rigin so I offered to help her

Not A Mark On That Buck :!: :?::?:

I had to tease her - Look at all that Meat you recked - why'd you shoot that big Muleie there - "Right Dead Center Where The Sun Don't Shing"

Typical Woman
That Was The Only Thing Pointing At Me :!:

Her dad showed up and took over the Teasing - She's lucky - I never saw her again

Latest posts