• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Old Ex Ranch Lady Attacked

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mountain Cowgirl

Reaction score
It started out as an uneventful walk. I stopped to photo the 2nd crop of alafafa.
ala 1.jpg

I proceeded along the road looking for snakes then remembered it was probably too cold. I saw more antique barbed wire exposed due to drenching rains. I also saw a suspicious hole that lacked a berm that rodents kick up. Not sure what creature was behind this mysterious hole that wasn't there 2 days ago. I wasn't curious enough to explore further. Looked a bit snaky to me.
bw rd.jpg
rd hole 2.jpg

I pass thistle village where the giants are on the dying side.
th rd 3.jpg

The Leanin Thistle Ranch greeting guard
gn thi lean.jpg

the story continues.....

Mulberry trees where the blackbirds hang and feed so they can later poop purple on farm machinery and fence rails.
mb 2.jpg

This redwing blackbird must have been offended by me playing paparazzi and it circled me and swooped down facing me head-on and flew a couple of feet over my head and then did some aerials and attacked again. It was unwarranted harassment and while I suffered no physical damage, my feelings were hurt by a little bird intimidating me. The harassment continued for another 100 yards before a crow swept down and took in after the red wing blackbird. My spirits immediately lifted as my friendship with the crows had finally paid off. I once warred with the crows until I found out they had a 5-year memory and passed along grudges to their offspring. It took 7 years but after a lot of sweet talks and allowing the crows to hang in my yard by the dozens, they no longer caw at me or bring in discarded food they get from behind restaurants, some a couple of miles away. Also no more purple poop on my drive and fence. I was unable to get the head-on attacks as I flinched too much and got nothing but sky.
bb1.jpg
bb 5.jpg
bb4.jpg
bb 1.jpg

I was harassed all the way to the tumbleweed pile-up from last fall.
tw4.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts